Hey guys.

I live in australia and finding certain amps in australia is like finding a needle in a haystack....

I have pretty much decided to buy from an overseas seller because i cant find the amps i want in australia/or they are to much...

I play bands like... as blood runs black, bring me the horizon, parkway drive, alexisonfire, rage against the machine... so i need a high gain amp....

Im picking between...

Mesa Boogie
Im not sure what the differences are between solo, dual and tripple..
someone please explain the differences between the mesas thanks!

Carvin V3
Heard that this was a versitile amp...

Peavey 6505 Combo/head
I heard the 6505 head wasnt as good as the 5150? or that its exaclty the same just changed name...

Peavey 5150 Combo/head
I really want a 5150... can pay around $2000 AUS for a second hand stack though!
The combo is to expensive to ship from overseas second hand so i guess i rule the 5150/6505 out? unless i get a deal/buy the head/save up

Peavey JSX
Heard this is very versitile but everyone over in the US wants one so on ebay its hard to find one at a good price + shipping...

Framus/engl
Everyone wants one and are very expensive...

I would appreciate any suggestions comments thoughts... thank you
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
Last edited by gface at Feb 6, 2008,
if you go mesa boogie, you might want to look into a Mark IV, it has built in EQ, three channels and some pretty sweet distortion

Lamb of God them I believe with no pedals for their tone (or at least one of those guys), thats not why I bought it I don't really play stuff like that, but they are very versatile
If you buy something european usually its not worth it to get it shipped out here, American is a different story though. Single, dual and triple refers to the number of valve rectifiers in them, each can take 50 watts, thus single=50watts, dual=100watts and triple=150watts. Also lower watts means more saturation and in this case less beefier sounds, the triple, imo, sounds the best for Metal. If i were you though i would get a roadster instead of a base rectifier. Rectifiers are very limited and dont sound great unless cranked (cranked they do sound awesome) and the roadster can do all that. You can usually find a Framus Cobra for around $3400Aus somewhere, better used, and thats just as cheap as shipping one of these. Another amp that goes for around that new is the Engl Powerball which is an awesome amp and also wouldnt be worth shipping from overseas. Carvin V3 is a very versatile amp. What exactly is your price range?
$1000 - $1400

I know not much just for a good head but hey... i cant get an imported 5150 for that
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Yeah thats not a huge amount. I find its better to buy imported amps when you're in a higher price range (eg you can get a Soldano SLO 100 for $5000aud shipped and all yo need is a stepdown transformer when to buy it here its $8100aud). The used market is much better overseas aswell so i suggest you try find someone that will ship here and seems reliable rather than a new amp in that price range.
im 17
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4