Poll: What do you think of the Ace Frehley Signature Guitar's?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of the Ace Frehley Signature Guitar's?
Awesome Guitar!:D
17 25%
Sh!t guitar :(
11 16%
Not bad!;)
10 15%
Never played one!:sad:
42 62%
Voters: 68.
Hi all Ace Frehley Fans,

what do you guys think of the Ace Frehley Gibson/Epiphone les paul Signature guitar's?

also if you love Ace Frehley in any of his solo years/KISS years you should join my group

Click Here to join Ace Frehley Fan club

also vote in the poll if you like the guitars!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

he's okay, in my opinion kiss were a hard rock band everyone could enjoy, i mean you see women in their 30's dancin to strutter at kiss concerts. ace is pretty cool his axe is quite nice but i dont see the need of a middle p/u
Quote by jimzer
he's okay, in my opinion kiss were a hard rock band everyone could enjoy, i mean you see women in their 30's dancin to strutter at kiss concerts. ace is pretty cool his axe is quite nice but i dont see the need of a middle p/u

thats just like saying why do fender's have a middle pickup :P also people if your the first 4 people to join and get another 5 people to join you will become a mod

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I have actually owned a couple Ace sig Gibsons and they were pretty dam good. I never owned an Epi version but played a couple used ones at GC and they were pretty good as well. I think most sig guitars are over priced and I won't buy one new but there are some great prices on them used. If I manage to come across another Ace guitar for a good price I would buy it right away. They are very good guitars. They play great and sound very good.

As far as Ace goes I always thought he was a decent guitarist when he was with KISS. That was until I saw him play in a club when he was on his own and I realized he is a lot better than people give him credit for. KISS is one of those bands that no matter how old or young you are you can get into them. I took my son to a KISS show when he was about 11 or so and at first he wasn't all that interested and about 5 minutes into the show he yelled in my ear how awesome he thought they were.
yeah dude, kiss pretty much changed rock n roll...and ace frehley is a great guitar player, i love him. i never got a chance to play his sig...but i always liked the idea of the 3rd pick up...i thought that would rule...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
yeah dude, kiss pretty much changed rock n roll.

Bollocks they did. They did nothing for the scene, but provide commercial and accessible music that could be enjoyed by every idiot with a pair of headphones.

[/thin ice]
Seems okay it's pretty much a three pickup version of the standard, so if you want that middle PU, go for it.

However I'd much prefer a paul stanley Ibanez Iceman pity they aren't made anymore.
Ace was ok, just an average pro guitar player, nothing spectacular. Neither was the band for that matter. They had a few catchy songs, but were known mainly for their novelty factor: the whole explosion, blowing fire, live shows, etc - much more than just their music alone.

They didn't change much in the world of music, except for making men wearing makeup and having extravagant live shows a little more mainstream.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Seems okay it's pretty much a three pickup version of the standard, so if you want that middle PU, go for it.

However I'd much prefer a paul stanley Ibanez Iceman pity they aren't made anymore.

Buy an IC400 and some parts from www.kamnguitars.com and you end up with something like this

I nearly bought an Epi Frehley last year but GAK were out of stock and the moment passed Also, AFAIK Ace doesn't actually use a middle pickup, the middle one is actually a dummy coil for show.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have had two original PS Icemans in my day and sold both as well and I did like them better than my Ace LPs. I was a huge KISS fan when they were on top I still love them but my taste in music has changed to a heavier faster type music. I still would love to have one of each a PS10 and Ace sig Gibson. If I could I would love to have a custom Gene Simmons Kramer Axe to complete the collection. To really appretiate Ace's ability you needed to see him when he was touring on his own in a smaller venue than some huge arena. When KISS was touring with the original band they were the band to see if you could score tickets the music was great and of course catchy the show could never be topped and I have seen just about everyone in concert.

John
Quote by steven seagull
Buy an IC400 and some parts from www.kamnguitars.com and you end up with something like this

I nearly bought an Epi Frehley last year but GAK were out of stock and the moment passed Also, AFAIK Ace doesn't actually use a middle pickup, the middle one is actually a dummy coil for show.

YOU GOT JIM BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats one nice ibanez i wouldn't mind a paul stanley ibanez in sparkley finish

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

i have two mod 3 more mod positions left

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Feb 12, 2008,
alsoi would also like to know who owns one! and post pictures of it

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by dgonz
Ace was ok, just an average pro guitar player, nothing spectacular. Neither was the band for that matter. They had a few catchy songs, but were known mainly for their novelty factor: the whole explosion, blowing fire, live shows, etc - much more than just their music alone.

They didn't change much in the world of music, except for making men wearing makeup and having extravagant live shows a little more mainstream.

Man your on crack,back growing up in the 70's/early 80's Kiss was the shiznit!Not for the make-up & Ace is an exceptional player,you may not always here it in the albums but you play the song not just the guitar ,so if his rip roaring solos don't fit guess what's not in the song. My first 3 Albums I bought the same day was Ace's Kiss solo album/Aerosmith-Draw the Line/Reo Speedwagon-High Fidelity.That's like me saying Clapton blows because I can't really stand any of his music
I've seen Ace live 3 times also for the record.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Last edited by twisty571 at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by twisty571
Man your on crack,back growing up in the 70's/early 80's Kiss was the shiznit!Not for the make-up & Ace is an exceptional player,you may not always here it in the albums but you play the song not just the guitar ,so if his rip roaring solos don't fit guess what's not in the song. My first 3 Albums I bought the same day was Ace's Kiss solo album/Aerosmith-Draw the Line/Reo Speedwagon-High Fidelity.That's like me saying Clapton blows because I can't really stand any of his music
I've seen Ace live 3 times also for the record.

Thats awesome i wish ace came down to Aus for a tour i would so travel anywhere in aus to see him!

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2