what are they? i only ever get them when i go onto the ug forums, most recently the 'cool computer tricks thread'. are they dangerous? and my norton blocks them, so should i worry about them? sorry if i'm over-reacting, but i broke our last computer and i don't wanna wreck this one.
ok, not too sure about this, but your computer connects to the internet through ports- web browsing, for instance, is usually on port 80 (HTTP), while sending/receiving mail is on a different port. A portscan is someone scanning the ports of your computer and seeing if there are any open that they can gain access too (I guess you could compare it to someone sneaking around the house seeing if there are any windows unlocked or something :S). It shouldn't be too much of a problem if norton's blocking it
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
oh. i just joined a trivium site, so maybe it's them. they sent me a notification email to confirm my user name. okay man, thanks
^it shouldn't be a site i don't think... but i honestly dunno, i only know bits and pieces about computer stuff. Good luck with it anyway
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
it'll be fine, as long as norton blocks it. ug must have some problems. damn hackers