Hey guys! Currently i play through a Warwick ProFet 3.2 head (300W) and a Peavey 410TVX (4 ohms - 350W) cab. I am totally satisfied with both and for practice it would be perfect but at some gigs (depending on the acoustics of the place) i find this rig a bit powerless with the other guitars and drums and everything. So i decided to upgrade it in my own way. Because i don't have money and i don't want to sell these i want to buy a power amp and a 15" or a 18" cab (slowly as i can save up the cash). Now here's the important part i need help with:
I am willing to connect a Warwick head (through the line out) to the power amp (about the same wattage as the current head so they would be even). Then from the Warwick (regular speaker out) would run the Peavey and from the power amp would run the other cab. I tried to do it with our singer's rig (a power amp and a t-box with a 15" speaker - both with lower wattage than 300W) just to try it but i noticed that even the line out output on my head wouldn't give any signals if the master volume is not turned up. Does this mean that the Warwick gives power amplified signal through it's line out too? If so can this cause severe damage to the other power amp and/or cab? (i have to add when i tried it out it didn't sound anything bad or noisy, it's just the fact that made me curious) And i tried the pre/post button too, no difference (i don't even know exactly what it is for )
So could you please give me some hints about this thing? (or if you have any other ideas how to work this out i would be grateful)
Thank you in advance!
PS: i know that this isn't exactly bi-amping but i needed to add a title to the topic and i thing this is the closest to my situation
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall
Goog luck killing everybody at VH1.

Member #37 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
I don't think you really need to plug the power amp through line out (which is balanced). The best bet is to plug the power amp into effects loop send. I really recommend you do that.

But, even then, you're not bi-amping. That's dual mono you have there. Bi-amping requires a crossover. If you get a crossover, you plug your bass into the amp, the effects loop send into the crossover input, one half of the cross over output into the effects loop return (i.e. the power amp of the Warwick), and the other half into the input of the other power amp. THAT's bi-amping.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Thank you thefitz!
"When i've got the music
I've got a place to go"

Quote by watchingmefall
Goog luck killing everybody at VH1.

Member #37 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
I'm a BBE mark, so if you're going the crossover route, check out a BBE crossover. I have a stereo head and personally like the dual-mono sound for a heavy band better, but that's just me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..