Are all Yamaha guitars considered as starter guitar? Is there any model with high quality?
I like Strat copies.
Last edited by faramarz at Feb 6, 2008,
they make high end models too. like the axe of the bald velvet revolver guy. something kushner
^He plays with Fernandes.

Yamaha guitars are generally pretty good. They have decent mid level and high spec guitars, trust me!
Quote by Mwoit
^He plays with Fernandes.

Yamaha guitars are generally pretty good. They have decent mid level and high spec guitars, trust me!

Do you know what models are high spec? Perhaps Pacifica 812?
You mean this one?

- Alder; good, emphasises treble and high end.
- Seymour Duncan pickups; Vintage Staggered and JB, they are worth £60 / $xxx each (don't know the US equivalent). Have you tried one out before? You may not like the tone.
- Sperzel Tuners, they are quite reliable and keep you in tune well. If you don't divebomb often, you'll be fine.

It's a well specced guitar for the price and looks pretty good. Have you tried one out before?
I've liked Yamaha for a long time in every musical field they cover (all of them, basically). The Pacifica range of guitars are outstanding in every price range they occupy. The newer models with the coil tap bridge 'bucker are brilliant. They're unbelievably adaptable.

I'm a little unsure of their necks, something about them feels a bit funny, but apart from that they're solidly built, the trem system is sturdy and holds tuning, and they look pretty nice too. Good for those who want a Strat-esque guitar but don't like the looks or price.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Mwoit

It's a well specced guitar for the price and looks pretty good. Have you tried one out before?

I tried 112 (J, V, JM) in a shop. They were so so. I didn't like the playability/action.

Then I checked Yamaha's website. I talked about 812 just because it was the most expensive one. So I thought it might be better. But haven't seen it yet.
they made cheapies now, but ages ago they made quality ones. they still do.
correct me if i´m wrong - but i think i saw footage of slash playing one
Quote by faramarz
Are all Yamaha guitars considered as starter guitar? Is there any model with high quality?
I like Strat copies.

yeah, the ones at over £1000 are starter guitars...

depends on the model, like with most companies. just because they make a lot of starter guitars, doesn't mean they're all starter guitars.

the pacifica 812 is nice, and kinda like a strat. It's HSS though, so if you want an exact strat copy, you're kinda out of luck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?