a few days ago I posted that I was getting a guitar for graduating and that I only had a choice between Fender/Squier, Gibson/Epiphone, and PRS, so I went to my local store and I talked with the owner and he might start carrying ESP, which is cool because they are more fit for Metal standard, but the only guitars I saw on Musicians Friend that didn't have a locking trem were a Spalted Maple Explorer, and a V-200, now both of them come with esp-emg 300's but I wonder which will be the better of the two guitars?
Edit: or should i get this from MF?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Razorback-DB-Electric-Guitar?sku=514870
Last edited by cookdizzle at Feb 6, 2008,
BUY USED!!!!!!

I've bought several made in the USA guitars on Ebay for less than $350.
Let the others buy that overpriced made in wherever guitar.

If you've come here for advise then you're looking for a better deal for your money and used is the way to go.

Check local pawn shops, craigslist, and Ebay for guitars in your area, if you find none then Ebay is still the best option but it'll have to be shipped obviuosly.
Just do some research.

Send me an e-mail if you really want to find a great deal and I'll point you in the right direction.
Buy the Dean you mentioned if you want to decapitate either yourself, or your friends
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I know that used would be a better deal but it's a graduation gift so my parents wouldn't want to buy used.
And I know the Dean looks goofy for some people but its got a mahogany body and grover tuners and the bridge isn't a locking trem which is the type of guitar I want because I never use a trem and I don't want to screw with a locking one, plus it comes with a case, might not be the best case but it will hold me over until I can buy a new one
Quote by cookdizzle
I know that used would be a better deal but it's a graduation gift so my parents wouldn't want to buy used.
And I know the Dean looks goofy for some people but its got a mahogany body and grover tuners and the bridge isn't a locking trem which is the type of guitar I want because I never use a trem and I don't want to screw with a locking one, plus it comes with a case, might not be the best case but it will hold me over until I can buy a new one

What about something like this?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512028
Notice I said something like this I dunno I never played it and personally I wouldn't buy it cause its not my style. But for $150 more you're getting EMG actives (which you talked about) which on their own are about $200, has Grover tuners and a tune-o-matic bridge. Just look around, personally I wouldn't buy a guitar with "Designed" pickups unless I liked the look and would of done a pickup swap anyways.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I've always wanted an explorer but I've had my eye on V's too so this is kind of a cross between them, and I don't think that my parents would go up to 600(they're cheap like that) and anyways I could upgrade the pup's down the road if I had to.

and I'll be playing Thrash and Modern Metal