Crystal clear cleans
Lots of Low end
I play shred and metal
2 Channels (clean and dirty)
All valve
Price is not an issue yet
Preferably about 50 watts

Cheers much.
Budget? You said it's not an issue, but there's some expensive amps out there.

Quote by AlexiIbanez
i personally love ENGL look sexy and sound amazing.
also maby a peavey 6505

fixed. And no, he said he wants crystal clear cleans, that would rule out the 6505.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Um.. Mesa Boogie Dual recto? The cleans are super clean.

Also for about half the price, you could get a Line 6 Spider Valve. Before you start bashing it, I played one at guitar center yesterday and it souded great... especially the cleans! You just have to turn it up a bit so that the tubes really kick in. The metal tones are good also.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Budget? You said it's not an issue, but there's some expensive amps out there.

fixed. And no, he said he wants crystal clear cleans, that would rule out the 6505.

Well, within reason... no more than £1000 preferably.
I would say the Traynor YCS100H, but it's 3 channels and 100 watts. You can try and find a Yamaha T50 somewhere, but they're getting rare.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by noodlegts

Also for about half the price, you could get a Line 6 Spider Valve. Before you start bashing it, I played one at guitar center yesterday and it souded great... especially the cleans! You just have to turn it up a bit so that the tubes really kick in. The metal tones are good also.

Haha, I don't bash spiders, I have one! Its a Spider II, so its not the best but gets more abuse than it deserves. Although I haven't played one of the valve ones yet, I heard they're good...

I did consider a Dual Recto... is it 2 channel? I get confused as to what the 'Single, Dual and Triple' rectifier actually mean...
engl fireball maybe?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Tom_hatton
I did consider a Dual Recto... is it 2 channel? I get confused as to what the 'Single, Dual and Triple' rectifier actually mean...

Single, Dual, and Triple Rectifier indicate the number of rectifier tubes in the amp. The Dual Rec is available as both a 2 channel and a 3 channel at 100 watts.
Quote by Kendall
Single, Dual, and Triple Rectifier indicate the number of rectifier tubes in the amp. The Dual Rec is available as both a 2 channel and a 3 channel at 100 watts.

Ok, cheers. BTW, does the single rectifier come with 2 channels? Because as far as I know the single Rec is 50 Watt, which is what I'd like...
The Single Rec is indeed 50 watts, but I don't think they made a 2 channel version of it (not sure though).

To be perfectly honest, given the requirements, you may need to just get a 100w head and either make sure it has a power cut switch on it (like the Traynor) or just pull one pair of the power tubes out.
Splawn Nitro, that things a beast of an amp. or a Splawn Pro Mod
The Randall RM series might be right up your street; I'm listening to a clip on youtube right now and the Blackface module is clean as hell, but I'm not sure which of the distortion modules would be best.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74040 50 watt head at GAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXSe_83xQbk Youtube vid with the Blackface clean module and the Ultra Xl hgh gain module.

Quote by popotheclown
The only head i can recomend is head from your mum!

*reported troll*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Feb 6, 2008,
I'm not a metal guy, but I'd suggest you look into the Orange Rockerverb 50, or the Peavey JSX. Hughs & Kettner and Framus make some products you should probably be trying out, too.

and +1 on Engl.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The Randall RM series might be right up your street; I'm listening to a clip on youtube right now and the Blackface module is clean as hell, but I'm not sure which of the distortion modules would be best.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74040 50 watt head at GAK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXSe_83xQbk Youtube vid with the Blackface clean module and the Ultra Xl hgh gain module.

Thanks, those look pretty good. I'll check one out next time I'm at PMT.
ENGL Fireball.

EDIT: actually, the Blackmore might be better as you play shred/power metal too...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Tom_hatton
Here are my requirements-

Crystal clear cleans
Lots of Low end
I play shred and metal
2 Channels (clean and dirty)
All valve
Price is not an issue yet
Preferably about 50 watts

Cheers much.

Well if price isn't an issue go with a amp like: bogner, soldano, deizel, etc.
A Mesa single rec is 2 channels, 50W and is not a fortune. Do you need new? You can get a single rec for around $800 or so on Ebay. It has really nice cleans and some serious gain. The Dual and triple (newer ones) are 3 channel and 100W and 150W respectively. There are older versions of the dual that is 2 channels. I would opt for a Dual if the price is no issue. Why? Well you can pull 3 tubes out of it and make it 50W like the single, but you gain a third channel and if you ever wanted the headroom, you could throw the 3 tubes back in.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
I would say a mesa roadster, but you are across the pond. So mesa stuff is VERY EXPENSIVE there. A roadster is like $4,000 USD equivalent there...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
orange thunderverb 50?
they are probably a bit more than £1000, but they can get as bottom as they get because of the frequency range.
i saw that you mentioned PMT, and since they are one of the few shops that stock orange amps, i thought it might be worth a mention
Quote by noodlegts

What? The Dual Recto's cleans aren't super clean, they sound like crap (imo).

Quote by Kendall

True, but the 2 channel isn't made anymore. So really it's only available in 3 channel unless you find a 2 channel which are hard to come by and most of the time pretty expensive.

Since you live in the UK, I'll second everything that slats said. A rockerverb 50 would be pretty sweet, I really like their sound, but it might not be exactly what you're looking for.

The JSX is built for shred but I like its metal rhythm tone as well, a lot say it can't even do metal which I have no idea wtf they're talking about.

H&K make some great amps. I played the Switchblade a few months back and was really impressed.

Framus Cobra or Dragon would also be worth a look. They're great sounding amps, but suffer quite a bit in the build quality department.

Engl is also a good choice, the Fireball, Blackmore or Powerball would all be great amps. They're voiced quite bright though which you may or may not like.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com