How are the cleans on the Peavey classic 30? Are they close to being fendery? I need a good clean sound to run with my big muff and I'm looking at that amp.
really nice. Great bluesy clean thats very mid-range. Picture it sumwhere in between a fender and a marshall type sound. I strongly reccomend this amp if ure into blues and/or bluesy rock, however, if you want a fender style clean the only way to get it is with a fender!
If you want an amp ONLY for cleans, don't get it. You've got a HRD, the cleans on that are fantastic.

The cleans on the C30 are good, but HRD's are better. The OD on the C30 thrashes the HRD though.. Why do you need another clean amp?

^ He has one, look at his sig..
Cleans are not like a fenders, more warm and full, un like a fender which are crisp and sparkly. I guess I would not say its not as good as the fender but it for sure different. And the Classic OD is 1000% better than a fenders.
I use the big muff for a few songs but I use overdrive a lot more and the HRD's sucks. Does anyone know how the Classic 30 takes the big muff? My friend got a Traynor YCS50 and it did not like the big muff at all.

Edit: I'm after an Andrew Stockdale, early Black Sabbath type tone.
Quote by Don_Humpador
If you want an amp ONLY for cleans, don't get it. You've got a HRD, the cleans on that are fantastic.

The cleans on the C30 are good, but HRD's are better. The OD on the C30 thrashes the HRD though.. Why do you need another clean amp?

^ He has one, look at his sig..

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^I don't want the amp only for cleans though. I want it for some cleans but mostly overdrive.
^ I have never used a my C30 with a big muff, but if its OD your after this amps has that covererd, awesome sounding OD.
Its already covered but the c30s cleans were quite warm to me, not exactly like a fender at all.
Thats fine. I just want to make sure that they will be receptive to the big muff and it wont sound buzzy or transistory.
Does the HRD have an effects loop? I'm assuming it does.

^ He already has, look at his previous posts
And it still sounds crap through that?

Well, like I say, the C30 has far better OD but the HRD has reasonably better cleans. If you want more natural OD then the C30 would be great for you, and you could use the TS9 to boost it to get pretty much any tone you like...
No no my big muff sounds fine through the hot rod. I just want better overdrive and I still want to use the big muff which is why I want to konw how the big muff works with the peavey
Oh, right. Sorry, I read it wrong.

If it works well with the HRD I see no reason why the Muff shouldn't sound good through the C30. Just be sure to use the Muff on the Clean channel. Obviously
C30's are really responsive to pedals. I haven't played a big muff through it, but i've played assorted overdrives and they all sounded great.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator