Poll: Valveking vs 5150
Poll Options
View poll results: Valveking vs 5150
Valve King
3 10%
27 90%
Voters: 30.
I've been hitting up these message boards for a while on the amp topic I know. I've narrowed my search down to these two.
I can get a used 5150 for around 550.00 or a new valve king for 550.00.
I play metal and need quite alot of gain but also tons of clarity so which would be favorable to these conditions?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
5150 > VK. Anyday f**king day of the week.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
agreed, for what you want, 5150.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
5150 all the way. It is simply a better amp.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
5150 is a pro level amp, the valve king is budget tube amp that is a pretty good value, but is not in the same league as the 5150. Keep in mind with used tube amps, that you might have to replace some power tubes if they are warn out, and they don't have a warenty, so if they look like they have abused then they probably where.
wow, that was a resounding yeah for the 5150 and a neigh for the Valve King. Thanks people!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Is there anyway for you to try the 5150 out first before you buy? I know it is a better amp (IMO) than the valveking (VK is nice too!) but why is the person selling it? Maybe something is wrong with it?
The VK112 with a new speaker and tubes will be a better ALL AROUND amp than the 5150. It will be great from cleans on up through very high gain. But just metal, 5150 has been renowned for that man, lmao.
Quote by eXperiment63
The VK112 with a new speaker and tubes will be a better ALL AROUND amp than the 5150. It will be great from cleans on up through very high gain. But just metal, 5150 has been renowned for that man, lmao.

I would be very shocked if that really was the case, but I've never tried a modded VK.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^ It might sound better for blues, but if your buy a metal amp then its no question, and for any thing less than metal I think there are a lot better amps out there than the valve king for only a little more money, like the Classic 30, or the Crate palaninio series.
Quote by ValoRhoads
I've been hitting up these message boards for a while on the amp topic I know. I've narrowed my search down to these two.
I can get a used 5150 for around 550.00 or a new valve king for 550.00.
I play metal and need quite alot of gain but also tons of clarity so which would be favorable to these conditions?

I just posted up a request from another member you might find helpful. Check out my profile and click on the mp3 that Says Valveking Drop C Improve thats as close as you can get to a 5150 out of a Vavleking. It might be the tone your looking for too. Check it out...
The 5150 hands down and its more versitile than a lot of people make it out to be. You can of course get your high gain metal sounds, you can get classic rock sounds, bluesy sounds... lots of uses.