We're fairly new, we've only been together for two weeks today. Our first gig is in a month, it's at a school, where 10 bands or so will play, and surprisingly we're told we're far from the worst band there. Oh well, our songs aren't well developed yet, and we have cheap equipment (we dont' even have a real bass of our own, we'll have to borrow one), but it's still a lot of fun.

www.myspace.com/nightmaretheory1

edit: oh also the lyrics are on there, just click lyrics below the song, cuz it's probably hard to understand what he's saying most of the time:]
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 6, 2008,
not bad, but id suggest getting better audio equipment...it sounded like it was recorded on a cell phone.
Quote by The Spoon
not bad, but id suggest getting better audio equipment...it sounded like it was recorded on a cell phone.

Thanks, we're hopefully gonna get a line 6 toneport, that should make it sound way better, we also need to find a better mic to record drums, or a couple mics.
Yeah, for vocals, you should get a condenser mic. And for the bass drum, get a bass mic. You can record the other drums with regular mics.
Quote by The Spoon

Other than that minor problem, I think it's great. It fits right into my type of music. I especially like Eradicate....
BITCH, IMA LEAD FARMER

Read 'Em =]
-----------------------------------
[thread="1177989"]Unwanted[/thread]
[thread="1179087"]Rude Awakening[/thread]
That was sooooooo bad TBPH.
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Quote by KevnTone
That was sooooooo bad TBPH.

reasons? ass.

It's not that bad. The writing impressed me for such a young band. The execution is pretty sloppy and the recording is terrible but I can hear potential. Good equipment will improve your band more than you know.
I really like the name.
Quote by AdamT3205
reasons? ass.

It's not that bad. The writing impressed me for such a young band. The execution is pretty sloppy and the recording is terrible but I can hear potential. Good equipment will improve your band more than you know.
I really like the name.

thanks:] a lot of people say they don't like it, we ignore 'em though.

Quote by barrcode
Other than that minor problem, I think it's great. It fits right into my type of music. I especially like Eradicate....

Thanks, that's good to know, because we weren't sure about that song.
sounds pretty decent for such a short time together. Your screamer has a pretty good scream, the riffing was ok, that'll get better with time. Other than the sound quality, the only thing i think needs to improve alot is the drumming...its pretty basic, and in my opinion, i think he needs to pick up some double bass skills, and a few more cymbals, but for now you guys are on the right track, keep it up man.

PS... for cheap recording, I actually recommend the Line 6 guitar port... you can record guitar and bass directly to whatever recording program you want... the drums are another story I guess, usually when you record you have like 15 mics on the drums, but even if you just used like 3 mics it would probably sound decent. I actually recorded my band with the guitar port, and with a drum program (till we can afford the studio time) also no vocals yet, but those are easy to record... check it out if your interested, www.myspace.com/battlehero.

Good luck with your first show man
Gear

ESP EC1000 Deluxe
Modded Fender Strat w/EMG 81
Schecter Hellraiser
Marshall Mode 4 Stack (For Sale)
Blue/Chrome Krank Revolution Stack

Check out my band?
Last edited by tomerickson11 at Feb 11, 2008,
Quote by tomerickson11
sounds pretty decent for such a short time together. Your screamer has a pretty good scream, the riffing was ok, that'll get better with time. Other than the sound quality, the only thing i think needs to improve alot is the drumming...its pretty basic, and in my opinion, i think he needs to pick up some double bass skills, and a few more cymbals, but for now you guys are on the right track, keep it up man.

PS... for cheap recording, I actually recommend the Line 6 guitar port... you can record guitar and bass directly to whatever recording program you want... the drums are another story I guess, usually when you record you have like 15 mics on the drums, but even if you just used like 3 mics it would probably sound decent. I actually recorded my band with the guitar port, and with a drum program (till we can afford the studio time) also no vocals yet, but those are easy to record... check it out if your interested, www.myspace.com/battlehero.

Good luck with your first show man

Thanks, he actually just ordered a double bass pedal, probably a cymbal stand to, cuz he's got a crash that can't be used, and we're getting line 6 tone port and a couple mics for the drums soon hopefully, but only the singer and the drummer have a job. And thanks for the friend request, I'll check it out when i can.

Edit: New song up blood lustx]
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 11, 2008,