I recently upgraded to a peavey Classic 30, and now my lead guitarest went and bought a C50. How do you guys feel about having amps that are so simalarly voiced together?
I think we sound great together, and both amps took our sound to the next level, but I'm not sure if it sounds thin to the listeners. Do you all know any bands that both guitarest have the same amp?
We play hard rock, kinda mix between foo fighter, old underoath and a little U2 mixed in as well.
well, i suppose you both have different guitars and thus different amp settings?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ yes, diferent guitars, and different parts in the music as well most of the time, I also have differnt tubes and a 412 cab. amp setting though are simalar, but with the high gain tubes and 412 cab I seem to have more lowend and a little thicker tone.
well if it sounds good to you, you'll be fine i guess
maybe get your bassist to listen to you guys play along and see if you can improve it in any way for the audience

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ What do bassest know about guitar tone?? just kiding, So is it really a big deal to have different sounds coming from the stage? I have seen many using the same amps, but cannot say that really listend to their tone all that much. Any one else have an opinion?
If it sounds good to you (and you have reasonable taste in guitar tone), then odds are it doesn't sound bad to most people who will be listening to it. As mentioned, other gear differences and playing different parts of the music will give the sound some diversity. If it sounds good then run with it, don't make the two guitar tones sound drastically different because one person thinks they should.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Yeh, its no problem, its a good amp, so its hardly like two guitarists playing through an MG, which is even worse than just one guitarist playing one.

As long as you both arent playing the same chords at the same time with the same settings/tones etc, then it wont matter. Try different settings on the amp, one play clean the other play low overdrive. One guitar use the neck PUP, etc.
A lot of bands use the same amps for both guitarists. In fact, quite a few of them use the exact same set up. Same guitar and all. You guys will be fine.

Great amp choice by the way.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
It's all about mixing. Same amps won't hurt you. If you use the same settings and pedals and amps, it could sound muddy, but you have to do that with every band member IMO. On the flip side, even if you sould exactly the same, it make your sound thin (unless you have your EQ set thin). Think about all the blues trios and whatnot that have one guitarist, do they sound thin? Also, get a competent sound guy. If the sound guy doesn't know what he's doing you're going to sound like crap no matter what.