Hay UGers

Ive been tring to learn to sweep for over 6 months but havnt got anywhere. Could give some song with some simple sweep picking to help me? or some tip or link to lessons.
welcome home, by coheed and cambria
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Heard of Dethklok? A lot of their stuff is full of sweep picking.
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Canon Rock or Creeping Death by Metallica
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I think there's a sweep picking section in "Arpeggios from Hell" by Malmsteen; albeit it being fast. it's easy to get the hang of, if you practice enough.

ah you mean the high e-string he plays and gives you a " " look right?
The sweeps in Canon Rock, hate me all you want, aren't too hard. They're set at a good pace, 16th notes at 200 bpm. Once you master that, if you want faster 3 string sweeps move on to some Rhapsody (of Fire) - Turilli has a lot of high tempo 3 string sweeps. If you're looking at more strings... well I can't think of one right now.

Also, keep in mind if you have some basic music theory knowledge, constructing sweep patterns and licks/riffs isn't very hard, as they're practically structured around chord shapes. Find a chord progression, sweepitize it, and practise it.

Later on, try your hand at Petrucci's solo in Dream Theater's Never Enough or MAB's Burn arpeggio section - both feature fragmented arpeggios, or 3-strings-at-a-time-but-over-6-strings licks (they're playable with hammer-ons, down the strings, up the neck, but that's marginally harder).

Don't forget to practise barred sweeps, with proper muting technique - you don't want to master sweeping only to be halted by one arpeggio three years from now that you can't pull off because you can't roll your ring finger.

And Arpeggios from Hell doesn't use much sweep picking but the techniques are somewhat applicable.
The intro of the light that blinds by shadows fall has some good sweep picking, but it doesn't last to long
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I think there's a sweep picking section in "Arpeggios from Hell" by Malmsteen; albeit it being fast. it's easy to get the hang of, if you practice enough.

I thought he alt picks everything

Anyways. Here's a good tutorial that helped me alot. It has examples. Clicky
This Godless Endeavor by Nevermore. Last 3 minutes are all sweeping.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
The solo in the song Winter Madness by Wintersun is pretty much all sweep picking. Almost any song by Necrophagist has a lot of sweep picking. Psalms of Lydia by Nevermore has a nice sweep picking part right in the beginning. No Boundaries by Michael Angelo Batio is almost sweeping non stop from beginning to end.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Like the guy said, Thunderhorse, goofy as it may seem, has some pretty damn legendary sweeping arpeggios. Also, like the guy said, Luca from Rhapsody (of Fire) has some great little leads that are full of sweeps.

Good songs are Holy Thunderforce, Defenders of Gaia, and Flames of Revenge, and Dawn of Victory.

Also, the solo from Lai Lai Hei by Ensiferum has some wicked sweeps in there.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
The swept arpeggios in Dargor, Shadowlord of the Black Mountain by Rhapsody are quite easy, as are the Leper Messiah solo by Metallica, both only 3 strings.

Altitudes is a bit harder, but is great to work on.
if your looking to master it start off easy with the basic method i used

e 5----------5------------5h9p5------------5
B --6----6------6------6----------6------6
G-----7-------------7------------------7

and when that becomes easy enough work the basic sweeping scale

e----------------13----------------
B-------------15----15------------
G---------14------------14--------
D-----15--------------------15----
A-17----------------------------17
Quote by Aaron_Yeo
The sweeps in Canon Rock, hate me all you want, aren't too hard. They're set at a good pace, 16th notes at 200 bpm. Once you master that, if you want faster 3 string sweeps move on to some Rhapsody (of Fire) - Turilli has a lot of high tempo 3 string sweeps. If you're looking at more strings... well I can't think of one right now.

Also, keep in mind if you have some basic music theory knowledge, constructing sweep patterns and licks/riffs isn't very hard, as they're practically structured around chord shapes. Find a chord progression, sweepitize it, and practise it.

Later on, try your hand at Petrucci's solo in Dream Theater's Never Enough or MAB's Burn arpeggio section - both feature fragmented arpeggios, or 3-strings-at-a-time-but-over-6-strings licks (they're playable with hammer-ons, down the strings, up the neck, but that's marginally harder).

Don't forget to practise barred sweeps, with proper muting technique - you don't want to master sweeping only to be halted by one arpeggio three years from now that you can't pull off because you can't roll your ring finger.

And Arpeggios from Hell doesn't use much sweep picking but the techniques are somewhat applicable.

Luca Turrilli is a ****ing beast.
I'm back, you douchebags.
fermented offal discharge - necrophagist.

/thread.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.