alright i know plenty of scales but i have no idea what to do with them afterward so what would i do to construct a solo and what does the root of a scale do
what always helps me to write a solo is to improvise over a riff that i record or my buddy plays for me. use your scale knowledge as a guide but try to be creative. even some "off" notes sounds good in there.-sometimes-
"Blade, ready to die?" "I was born ready mother F*****"
Quote by recoilofdarknes
what always helps me to write a solo is to improvise over a riff that i record or my buddy plays for me. use your scale knowledge as a guide but try to be creative. even some "off" notes sounds good in there.-sometimes-

Yeah try listening to some Mars Volta to get an idea of how "off" notes can be used effectively.
sorry i should have better worded that post

i have no idea where i should play the scales acorrding to the chord progressions like i know chords and i know scales but i cannot establish a connection between the two to know how to solo. i mean i know that if you're playing an a chord that the root of the scale will be an A note but what if it's like this page: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16999 then what do i do because i have no idea of what this person is talking about im lost could someone reword it some please
when i write solos, i record something and just improv over it. If i play anything thatsounds good, i write it down.
its not a black and white thing... u can play appregios of the chords u can use mode versions of the route note of the chord as long as there in key or u can just improvise in key... do u know modes?
Quote by punked out N
its not a black and white thing... u can play appregios of the chords u can use mode versions of the route note of the chord as long as there in key or u can just improvise in key... do u know modes?
Don't listen to him. Learn the rules before you learn when and how to break them. Also, learn the major scale and basic theory before you go into modes.

That isn't to say that if you're messing around and play something that doesn't follow and theory but sounds good that you should discard it. Don't do that! But as far as learning, the "just do what you want" attitude is rather dangerous.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Don't listen to him. Learn the rules before you learn when and how to break them. Also, learn the major scale and basic theory before you go into modes.

That isn't to say that if you're messing around and play something that doesn't follow and theory but sounds good that you should discard it. Don't do that! But as far as learning, the "just do what you want" attitude is rather dangerous.

i didnt say break the rules idiot i just offered him different methods