so my trusty epiphone dr200s seems to have developed an inotation problem on the high e string. could this be because of old strings or playing wear? and how can i adjust to fix?
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
can you post a picture of the guitar?

If you have an adjustable bridge, then the intonation should be an easy thing to correct. Unfortunately, if it's not an adjustable bridge, then I'm in the same boat as you! I seem to be having a similar problem with my Ibanez.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGT 42FM
Ibanez AW20ASENT
Yamaha G-55A
Squier Stratocaster w/Scalloped Neck

Amp+FX+Lulz:
Boss GT-3
Crate GX-30M
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
The intonation on your particular guitar is adjustable, but only by altering the bridge saddle. By filing the area where the string rests either in front of or behind you can adjust intonation. It's tricky, and is best left to a luthier to perform. Another thought is that the wood of the guitar may be dried out. It is the cold time of year, and dry indoor air will cause this as well. Make sure to try to keep room humidity at about 45%, the guitar will thank you. Old strings shouldn't change the intonation as that is preset at the factory and initial setup. Be sure you are checking correctly also. Tune the problem string to precisely what it should be, neither flat nor sharp. Not even a little. Next, fret that string at the 12th fret, keeping in mind that you don't want to press too hard or it will just go sharp on you anyway. Just enough pressure to make the string ring. It should be the same note as open, just an octave higher.
Intonation problems at the lower frets, around 1-5 can sometimes be fixed by changing the nut thickness, which will lengthen or shorten the scale and can correct intonation. Again, a luthier would need to do this.
Hope you find these tips useful.
Old strings can sure cause intonation problems i.e. playing wear, while i agree with LeftyDave that the intonation is factory preset & can only be changed by compensating the nut or saddle, the intonation of an individual string can change from wear , as it makes the string thinner at the point of wear & therefore causes the string to stretch at a different rate at that point/s along the string , another similar reason for this is crud buildup under the string will cause the string to vibrate at differing rates along the string depending where the crud is. Usually where you do the most playing, Duh, LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
i actually fixed my intonation by switching to custom light strings from light. whenever i used to put a capo on, it would ruin the intonation, but now it's just about right. in my case, however, all the strings were off, not just one... so yea.
nothing sounds better than when you move up the neck & it still sounds sweet eh?
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!