Page 1 of 2
Quote by delicious
In guitar world, Big suprise, Dimebag Darrell is the cover story. I don't think he'd be on the cover so much if he didn't die. It's getting annoying. Who's with me?

Agreed
I think we would be subjected to a lot more godawful music if he didn't die.

Who's with me?
Agreeeed. And no offence, but since he died everyones been like;

ZOOOMMMGGG HES TEH MEST GUITARIST EVER!

Hes a bit overrated. My opinion though.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
It's incredibly disrespectful. They're exploiting the death of a great guitarist to appeal to stupid kids and make money.
Big fan. Still, He's not the beest, and he's very overrated IMO.
I only like him because I like Pantera.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Obviously he's more famous because he died, that's fairly fucing obvious.

That said, how much does it affect you? "Oh no, a story on Dimebag, ****!"

Must have ruined the **** out of your day, eh?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by South-of-Heaven

+1
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by South-of-Heaven

Thats fine. Its just all the "RIP Dime" like what all these 13/14 yr olds seem to love writing everywhere, does my nut in.
Quote by meh!
Obviously he's more famous because he died, that's fairly fucing obvious.

That said, how much does it affect you? "Oh no, a story on Dimebag, ****!"

Must have ruined the **** out of your day, eh?

It doesn't really affect me that much, and 1 cover story of him is fine, but Really, they couldn't cover new guitarists?
But, it's all about opinions I guess.
Quote by delicious
It doesn't really affect me that much, and 1 cover story of him is fine, but Really, they couldn't cover new guitarists?
But, it's all about opinions I guess.

lol I sounded really angry in that post, no offence.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
To be totally honest, I didn't know who he was until he died. Like I knew who Pantera was, but just didn't GAF about who was in it.

But the RIP Dime stuff is getting out of hand. I was at wal*mart the other day and saw a dad and two kids all wearing the exact same "RIP Dime" shirts.

Needless to say, I was a little pissed.
i love the dude and i think his playing is phenominal but I agree that there using his name too much. He was going to be the next Randy Rhoads in my opinion but there starting to overuse his name. The whole "RIP Dimebag" thing gets old when everyone says it. Its like a song thats been overplayed. I take nothing away from his music tho. Its not his fault the media is milking him.

Dont even get me started on how Dean went from nothing to the most popular guitars in metal because of him.

EDIT: I guess the reason is that in popular metal the musicians arent all that great? at the same time, the whole "bashing Dime" is just as pathetic and "worshiping" him.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Feb 6, 2008,
I enjoy his playing and I admit I didn't know about him until after he died, but I think the only reason why more and more Dime stuff comes out by the day is because as long as people will pay for it Dean will keep producing it. Not that I don't like the guitars because I think replicating his guitars is cool and putting the ones out that he came up with is cool but the Dime tribute guitars and all that **** is annoying.
I'm not even that big of a Dimebag fan, but always enjoy reading about him. He was voted into the GW hall of fame, so he got the cover. The new HoF guy has gotten the cover the last few years if I'm not mistaken. At least there was some new incite about Dime.

Guitar World needs to stop the Van Halen worship. As a guitarist, he hasn't been important for 20 years. I don't hear alotta new VH inspired music. I think I've gotten 4 or 5 issues the last 2 years with him on the cover.

And to the people that think Dime sucks, that's just not true. The guy could obviously play. He held some sorta record for most notes in a minute.
Last edited by MAYNARD at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by meh!
lol I sounded really angry in that post, no offence.

I noticed that and was typing my reply (QQ MOAR N00B!!!) then looked at your name.

Anyway. On topic. I don't really care how many articles the put out on him. I never liked his music or him for that matter so my reaction to this new one is.... oh thats nice.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
Being a huge Dime fan myself (check avatar), I think there's nothing wrong with people saying 'R.I.P Dime", but I hate it when someone says it just to look cool and does not know what the man meant to the metal community and the contributions he made. Respect him for how he lived and not how he died. And the whole 'best guitarist' debate can never be won, everyone likes different musical styles, so it's best to just respect each other's tastes and have an open mind to all types of music rather than force our beliefs onto others all the while sticking to a mindset that is supposed to be 'individualistic' in nature.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by Tom_hatton
Dime was a crap player, his signature guitars suck and his fans are assholes.

End of.

Yeah! You tell 'em, Soulfly all the way, right?
Funny words.
Pantera was great, and in a sea of mid to late 90's cookie cutter Creed crap, they helped keep metal alive in the (semi)mainstream, and never really changed their sound. I think the hype is overcommercialized, but albeit unusual(major sarcasm) for big companies to capitalize on crap like this. Less would be way more IMO.

I loved his guitar sound for what it was, and live; Dimebag was a really good showman. So I'd say he was great for those two things.

He obviously really got something out of the fans response. I saw them support Black Sabbath on their reunion tour, and the boys in Pantera really drank up the fan's feedback. Dime had the same sort of "lovin' every second of it" quality that Ozzy shows when the fans really respond.

Kind of a body language thing...you'd have to see it to really know what I mean.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
What annoyed me more about this issue is that they took up about 6 pages with the same BFMV and Iommi interview that was in Total Guitar months ago.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Yeah! You tell 'em, Soulfly all the way, right?

Meh, twas the only avatar of a decent band on the site. And Soulfly > Pantera
Quote by Tom_hatton
Soulfly > Pantera

lol

Id rather some lame ass kid type "RIP Dimebag" on these forums than someone bash him. If you dont like the music thats fine, but when people say he was crap/shit, a terrible player. its just beyond me...
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Dimebag until Total Guitar started writing about him every other week. It's a shame that he died but people need to stop cashing in on his death. It's really disrespectful and pretty sick tbh.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
lol

Id rather some lame ass kid type "RIP Dimebag" on these forums than someone bash him. If you dont like the music thats fine, but when people say he was crap/shit, a terrible player. its just beyond me...

Well he was. He was capable of playing fast, thats it. Half the solos don't fit in, he probably didn't even know what a key was. Pantera were a BAD band, and the gayass little fanboys don't realise that because they're too busy saying "LOlZ He Pl@yZ a SpiKee Geet@r!" instead of actually listening to the band.

I hate Dime, I hate Pantera, I hate their fans. And for good reason.
Quote by MAYNARD
And to the people that think Dime sucks, that's just not true. The guy could obviously play. He held some sorta record for most notes in a minute.

Wrong.

But yea, I agree with TS. I was a fan of Dime long before his death, and his death hit me hard, as it did his other fans. But I'm not fellating his corpse. tbh, Im sick of hearing about him. Yea, he was a great and influential player, but not godly by any means.
Quote by saxaxe
Wrong.

But yea, I agree with TS. I was a fan of Dime long before his death, and his death hit me hard, as it did his other fans. But I'm not fellating his corpse. tbh, Im sick of hearing about him. Yea, he was a great and influential player, but not godly by any means.

What's wrong?

Again, I am not Pantera fan, but sans Enter Sandman, Walk has to be the riff of the 90's. While I dunno the names of many songs, I heard several fantastic riffs and badass lead playing, when I listened to Pantera. I could never get past the ****ty vox.
I only truly discovereed Pantera and Dime after his death, and I take a hell of a lot of influence from his guitar style, but c ashing in on his death is disrespectful. I'll probably get a Razorback once I can afford it, but that is because I love the guitars. Dean are being really disrespectful - they don't care about Dime, they only care about the green stuff.

Quote by weemansyndrome
Yeah, take a look at this.

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_08/RazorbackCemeteryGates_en.htm

With cemetery gates graphic!!

Really thoughtful.

Jesus Christ, I LOVE THAT GUITAR!
Last edited by Aramis at Feb 6, 2008,
guys, he was on the cover like 3 times a year when he was a live, it's always him or zakk wylde, I think they both must have been fucking the editor.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The sig guitars are just ****. I've played them. He was an awesome player, but people need to give it a rest
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I'm a huge Dime fan, but they honestly need to give it a rest. >.>
+1
Page 1 of 2