Page 1 of 2
This might already be a post, but I couldnt find one in "Search" so if this is, could I have the link to the actual one please? Anyways.......

I recently watched the movie, The Wall by Pink Floyd and it was possibly one of the wierdest movies I have ever watched.

Have any of you guys ever watched it and if you have what were your opinions on it?

Thanks,
Tyler
I love The Wall, it's great.

Be sure to watch it on acid for the full experience.
The noise makerers:
LTD EC-1000 (EMG81/60)
Epiphone SG (PRS pups)
Squire strat (stock) - hell yes for first guitars!)

The noise maker louderfiers:
Marshall AVT head
Marshall vintage cab
Valvetronix AD30VT

CHECK OUT
I haven't seen the movie, but The Wall is the greatest album of all time. No questions asked.
Yeah I've seen it. Weirdest film ever. It's really good though. I might have to watch it again.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
I don't know any people who like the movie but hate the album, so I guess that it would be wise to listen to the record 4 or 5 times before watching the movie again. It worked for me: one time I was riding home on my bike with my iPod on and the moment David Gilmour's solo from the live version of Comfortably Numb came on I went nuts. From that point on I loved the movie too, but I still prefer the audio from the live version of the Wall. It's called Is There Anybody In There and I just don't understand why they haven't released that stuff on DVD...
I love the opening track "When the Tigers Broke Free" it's not on the album though, waa.

Awesome film though, one of my favorites.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by danman92701
I haven't seen the movie, but The Wall is the greatest album of all time. No questions asked.

+1
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Yeah I thought I was on acid watching that movie.

It was the greatest movie ever but it was just crazy!!!

The night after I watched it, my dreams were so off the wall.

I dreamed that I was in a school in Germany and that bombs were being dropped all around us as the teacher was teaching. Then I ran down the hall and the classroom I was just in blew up as I turned around. It was so wierd and real and I woke up screaming hahah it was crazy.

Did anything like that happen to you guys?
I dismissed it as too wierd.

Interesting, but kinda wierd.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
It's suprisingly good. No other album could be made a film as good as that.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
It was a good movie.

So clearly Pink Floyd.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
The movie part was good, but the animations was when I started to think I was on drugs.

God "The Trial" was so strange.
Quote by Avopeac

it was like, "so...you like poison?"

hippie: "no man, i'm a rejecter of the poisons of the world"

dad: "uhh, ok...how about whitesnake?"

hippie: "all creatures are equal in my eyes"
Last edited by shreddin78 at Feb 16, 2008,
It's great. I watched it while high, which was good, but I'd really like to experience it again in acidvision.
Quote by fortysix&2
I love the opening track "When the Tigers Broke Free" it's not on the album though, waa.

Awesome film though, one of my favorites.

It's on The Final Cut, though

I Love that movie. Gerald Scarfe is an animating genius. Roger Waters is one of the greatest songwriters ever, David Gilmour > You, Rick Wright pwns, Nick Mason is underrated.

There
██████████████████████████████
Quote by BrianApocalypse
It's great. I watched it while high, which was good, but I'd really like to experience it again in acidvision.

You would die during the bloody war parts.
Quote by shreddin78
The movie part was good, but the animations was when I started to think I was on drugs.

God "The Trail" was so strange.

Brilliant song. I think I was on some sort of drugs when I watched that.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by pyrohotdog
I love The Wall, it's great.

Be sure to watch it on acid for the full experience.

IS it really that good, i have it and im doing acid tonight! I wasnt that into it when i smoked weed though.
Saw it, didn't like it.
But I wasn't into Pink Floyd back then, so now I may like it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by kidsilcon
Brilliant song. I think I was on some sort of drugs when I watched that.

meant the trial..
Quote by Avopeac

it was like, "so...you like poison?"

hippie: "no man, i'm a rejecter of the poisons of the world"

dad: "uhh, ok...how about whitesnake?"

hippie: "all creatures are equal in my eyes"
Quote by shreddin78
meant the trial..

Yeah I know. I assumed it was a typo.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
can i just say, i relate so completely to this movie. obviously i wasn't born with all the war and stuff going on, but i did lose my father very young, and i built this wall (my OCD) to shut myself off from the world. a friend gave me a copy of the album, i understood the complete message (which makes perfect sense if you look it up), but only after watching the movie did i finally see the true meaning. i just cried my eyes out as the credits rolled with the final song playing. its rodger water's warning to all to not build walls around ourselves as he had done, and to let the ones who really love us stay close to us and help us, and not shut them out. coz after all, its not easy, banging your heart against some mad buggers wall
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
Its only the greatest music video ever No dialogue, just visuals and music telling the story. Anyway id take this to the only pink floyd thread, its in the classic rock section of the bands and artists forum.
I absolutely loved it. Could've done without all the boobs though (my mom totally flipped when she saw them )

The best thing about it though is, in the scene with the neo-nazi rally, all the people in the audience were actual skinheads, and refused to follow the director or choreographer.

Dunno how common that knowledge is though...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Never watched the movie but I have too.
Is this movie available from your local video rent shop?
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by PlayMadness
I absolutely loved it. Could've done without all the boobs though (my mom totally flipped when she saw them )

The best thing about it though is, in the scene with the neo-nazi rally, all the people in the audience were actual skinheads, and refused to follow the director or choreographer.

Dunno how common that knowledge is though...

I also like how when they're marching through the streets theres like 10 of them, quite underwhelming.
Quote by kaptink
I also like how when they're marching through the streets theres like 10 of them, quite underwhelming.

But in the scene where they attack the black guy in the back of the car (duing "Run Like Hell"), they actually tried to kill him.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
iu saw a commercial about it and it had a meat grinder innit dam it waas nasty. is the film good acting
the end is funny
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

I liked the Wall, had no idea what the **** was going on but I like watching it.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by BrianApocalypse
A lot of it scared me to death when I was high, especially when the wall explodes at the end.

It was about 4.30 in the morning, pitch black and I had big headphones on.

"I'm not going to jump when it explodes, I'm bracing myself and I know it's coming"
*Explodes*
"AAAAAAHHHHHHH SHHHHHHIT!"

What's acidvision? Just being on acid or something?
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
I've seen bits and pieces of it, I need to find it somewhere so I can watch it all the way through.

Funfact: Chobes was listening to The Trial while reading this thread.
great movie, you have to really find the symbolism of the movie to really understand it. search Pink Floyd the Wall analysis on google, and it will make a lot more sense if you're confused. I do prefer listening to Is there anybody out there over the original album though, it's just cooler live
Amazing movie. The symbolic imagery is just awesome. A true analysys of the human psyche.
Page 1 of 2