does anyone know any awesome alternate picking exercises to use when practicing alternate picking
Check out the Shred Masterclass videos.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Try "Sweet Child O' Mine" intro
Start slow then get faster - And alternate pick
What I do to warm up
Good IMO
Scales? Practice in front of the tv or something, if you do that for half an hour every day (coupled of course with playing regularly too), you'll improve quickly without really making an effort.
I highly recommend John Petrucci's Rock Discipline. I'm sure you can find excerpts on the net and videos on YouTube.

he has some great excersizes/warm-ups that address the snags you run into with alternate picking when trying to do more then just play scales or simple solos. Definitely check it out.

Oh and a personal exercise of mine is to play arpeggios, the more extended the better, with strict alternate picking. It's a great warm-up for both hands. Hope it helps!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
A good one i think is i think a "chromatic scale" but like meh idk if thats even right ill tab it quickly

just realised i have no idea what the string names are LMAO god how good is my theroy xD

1-----------------------------------------------------6-7-8-9-
2------------------------------------------5-6-7-8---------
3--------------------------------4-5-6-7------------
4----------------------3-4-5-6-------------------------
5------------2-3-4-5--------------------------------
6--1-2-3-4---------------------------------------------

then work back up in a diagonal so you end up near the 12th fret then work backwards (very important but can be fairly tricky)
the best alternate picking is actually welcome to the jungle intro
do exactly like this, dont economy pick/half ask the alternate pick either

e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b --------0------------0----------------------------------------------------------
g ----4------4----2-------2------0------------0---------------------------------------
d ------------------------------4------4----2------2----0--0------0--------------------
a ----------------------------------------------------------------2--------------
e ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D U D U D U D U D U D U D U D U
Quote by Aziraphale
Scales? Practice in front of the tv or something, if you do that for half an hour every day (coupled of course with playing regularly too), you'll improve quickly without really making an effort.

No, don't practice in front of the tv. If you spend 15 minutes practicing alone and concentrated, you will probably improve more then 30 minutes in front of the tv
Quote by St.Loony
Try "Sweet Child O' Mine" intro
Start slow then get faster - And alternate pick
What I do to warm up
Good IMO

Hey, I thinks this one is more on economy picking and string skipping... But it'll probably work
Quote by LeeSmellyFinger
A good one i think is i think a "chromatic scale"

1-----------------------------------------------------6-7-8-9-
2------------------------------------------5-6-7-8---------
3--------------------------------4-5-6-7------------
4----------------------3-4-5-6-------------------------
5------------2-3-4-5--------------------------------
6--1-2-3-4---------------------------------------------

That's not a chromatic scale, it's just an exercise.