I love the Mesa MKIV, but like many, am very poor. I'm looking to spend about $600, and I'm not playing out or with a band so I don't need a massive setup.

Wants:

The response, feel, and headroom of a tube-amp
Aggresive, but tameable gain like the MKIV
At least 2 independent channels

Don't necessarily need:

Lots of power
Over-the-top gain
10 million switches

What I've considered:

Peavey Valveking
Line 6 Pod X3

I'm basically looking to get as close to the feel and sound of the MKIV, without actually dropping on a 4x12 and a Short head which I have no practical use (or space) for.

Have at it...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
You can get a Mark III used for about $600, and they're much simpler control-wise than the Mark IV.
Hi, I'm Peter
But I'd still need a cabinet
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
The Mark III is somewhat of a red herring anyway due to the non-independent channels
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Goddamn you americans and your cheap amps! Used Mesa Mark 3 1200€. That's Finland for you >_<

*me wanders off rambling*
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Post right above yours kills the MKIII for me.

I'd make a "Goddamn" comment about Fins but Kimi Raikkonen is a god in my eyes
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
r u srs? get a spider they have mark iv settings... but really, emulation never works, get that through your brain right now. your not going to replicate a mark iv tone through anything... ever! and the mark iii is a no for you? the closest you'll ever get to a mark iv is a mark iii and you say its not good enough cause no independent channels?!!! wow!!!
Well Enough Alone
I've tried Spiders to no avail.

And no, the Mark III will not work if it only does one thing. I need at least 2 independent channels.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
I did right after you first mentioned it

Pretty silly that I didn't think to use the graphic as a channel specific EQ, still, I'm going to have to sacrifice one sound for the other and being a stickler, I'd rather not.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Fair enough. As an owner of a Mark IV, I keep my EQ settings about the same on all my channels anyway. So features v. practical, everyday function, I still think the Mark III is the best affordable choice if you want Mark IV-like tone.
Hi, I'm Peter
It can't hurt for me to look into it, I'm just skeptical going in...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头