Right dudes... story cut short: im gona get a Gibson Les Paul. But I dont know which one to get out of a Studio in Alpine White, or a Menace.

Yes I am going to go try both of them out, but I also wanted your opinion.. wats good and whats bad about each of them.. and which one would you guys choose?

thanks
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
i know the menace doesnt have fret markers on the finger board apart from the 12th fret

some people find it hard to navigate a fret board with out the markers, although there will be markers on the side of the neck
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
menace looks disgusting IMO

studio looks awesome-er

but if you want to play more metal-ish stuff use get the menace
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
menace
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
the menace has fret markers on the side, which are easier to see while playing, if that matters, other than that it's ugly and the routing on the side, while making it lighter is a detriment to the sound. I would go with the Studio.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Aziraphale
What kind of music do you play/what do you want gfrom the guitar?

well I play blues/rock/hard rock... erm.. well i want a rly nice tone, and rly good distortion as well as a warm clean tone.

Edit: oh and on the studios... does the price change depending on which colour you choose? because I Really want the Alpine white.. but some places sell that guitar for £900 ($1800)

Carmel is hawt
Last edited by Oblivion_Rps at Feb 6, 2008,
oh come on.. 61 views n 7 responses

a lil help would be appreciated
Carmel is hawt
haha im suprised no one has mentioned that studio and manece suck and suggest u to get a epiphone elitist yet. back to the topic, if u play blues hardrock and regular rock then the studio will suit you more
The menace is pretty ugly in my opinion. I have a Studio in Alpine white, and not only is it gorgeous, but the pickups are surprisingly good for heavy distortion and also for cleans.. I think they all go for the same price. I got mine for $1,200.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White w/Gold Hardware
Schecter Gryphon Limited Edition Flame top in Charcoal Burst
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Have you looked at the BFG? around the same price I think and with a P90 in the neck which might be good for the clear tone..
Quote by kaptink
Have you looked at the BFG? around the same price I think and with a P90 in the neck which might be good for the clear tone..

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. BFGs are fugly.
Gear:
Line 6 Spider III 15
Quote by Avenger wL
The menace is pretty ugly in my opinion. I have a Studio in Alpine white, and not only is it gorgeous, but the pickups are surprisingly good for heavy distortion and also for cleans.. I think they all go for the same price. I got mine for $1,200.

thats about £600... thats awesome..

yeah i think i'll get a Studio in Alpine White... thanks guys.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
thats about £600... thats awesome..

yeah i think i'll get a Studio in Alpine White... thanks guys.

One thing to be careful with is making sure the neck suits you well. Lots of people dislike the painted necks, and the Studio necks are very thick. Personally I love think, finished necks, but lots of people don't. Make sure you like the feel of it. Also, if you do get it, keep a cloth around to wipe the neck off, cause it can get really sticky if you don't keep it clean.
Gear:
Line 6 Spider III 15
neither guitars are really really good id go for a a differnt LP or an epi elitist...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I don't like the looks of the Menace and never played one, but I just bought a Studio in black and chrome that looks kind of menacing (like a motorcycle jacket.)
Usually when someone asks what kind of Les Paul there are a bunch of dickheads telling them Schecter this and Schecter that. Nice guitars but not the question.
I like a sunburst studio over a menace or bfg.