Looking for a very nice clean sound as well as superb distortion, for music like Metallica or perhaps Disturbed

What would you recommend?

I was thinking Boss DS-1?

Guitar: Epiphone G-400
Amp: Washburn WA15G Amp (It's apparently an amp that came with a starter package, I virtually got it for free)
I also have a 10W amp which sucks.That's it.
I'm poor.and I'm a beginner.
and I suck.
yay.
Go ahead and recommend an amp-don`t give me absurd choices though..
Last edited by Shredderofdeath at Feb 6, 2008,
save up get a better amp
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Quote by rhoads4ever
save up get a better amp

+1
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Save up for a Roland Cube. If you can sell off the two amps you currently have, you'd be well on your way to a Cube.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Didn't you just post this exact same question a few minutes ago?
Anyways, ignore anyone who recommends a boss metal zone, or any of digitech's higher gain distortions like the grunge or death metal (bad monkey and screamin blues are fine). They are garbage.
But, Metal muff all the way.
But, new amp first please??
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^ The Mt-2 is not very good, it colors and kills what ever tone your guitar and amp has. Save up for a nice amp, a pedal is not going to be a magic wand that will all the sudden make your amp sound awesome. Don't get me wrong a ds-1 would most likly sound better than your amp, but you still need a new amp, and a Roland Cube sounds better than a ds-1 and much better than the MT-2. Or save up for a small tube combo if your real serious.
roland micro cube amp after you get another $50
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by DrNick
Save up for a Roland Cube. If you can sell off the two amps you currently have, you'd be well on your way to a Cube.

Where and how do I sell off the two amps I have. A roland cube 15W is currently available from my music shop and I was thinking of purchasing this
Quote by Shredderofdeath
Where and how do I sell off the two amps I have. A roland cube 15W is currently available from my music shop and I was thinking of purchasing this

The Cube 15 is not very good (just like the 20). If you're gonna get a Cube, get either a Microcube or the 30 (or 60 but that's more expensive).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
be sure to use a boss sd1 super overdrive, they are amazing, I recommend them over a metal zone, or pretty much any cheap distortion pedal, remember you really get what you pay for with most amps.
Quote by Fama
The Cube 15 is not very good (just like the 20). If you're gonna get a Cube, get either a Microcube or the 30 (or 60 but that's more expensive).

But why not the 15 and the 20? I mean it doesn't make sense: Isnt the microcube a LOT smaller than the 15W?
So why do people recommend the Micro
Quote by Shredderofdeath
But why not the 15 and the 20? I mean it doesn't make sense: Isnt the microcube a LOT smaller than the 15W?
So why do people recommend the Micro

15 and 20 doesn't have modelling? I believe this is what it is. The Micro, and the cubes higher than the 30 all have modelling.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
15 and 20 doesn't have modelling? I believe this is what it is. The Micro, and the cubes higher than the 30 all have modelling.

Thanks a lot, but what is modelling?
Sorry, I'm a dumb ***
Modelling is when amps (often cheaper amps, except high end line6's like the vetta) try to match the tone of a certain amp. This is usually digital. But, modelling gives new players a chance to try out many different tones. This is better than just having a plain practice amp with a very limited range of tones (clean and distorted). With modelling (EX: The microcube), you get clean models, some lower gain OD models, all the way to high gain models. Even you get an acoustic modeler sometimes.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator