Page 1 of 2
Okey, so does anyone here like this norwegian band that's made of awesome and metal?

Discuss.

P.S.1 Terje "Valfar" Bakken died the most black metal-death ever D.S.1

P.S.2 I've made a Windir fans-group, join if you want. D.S.2.

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
1 of my favorite bands. So enjoyable...
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
finally I'm dead...and the visioned is revealed for everyone else.

I wonder why no one ever thought maybe he committed suicide?
amazing band
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by technicolour
finally I'm dead...and the visioned is revealed for everyone else.

I wonder why no one ever thought maybe he committed suicide?

Is that a text or something?

Yea... that may be possible, but why? It's a really painful way to end your life. And I don't really think he could foresee the snow storm coming.

Anyways, what's your favorite song?

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
I'm really in love with their lead guitar work. And their keyboard...

bump

An Abstract Illusion
^ Yeah, I love them too. I haven't been playing much non-original stuff (i.e. not by me) on guitar lately, but one of the bands I make an exception for is Windir.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by ..NEM..
Is that a text or something?

Yea... that may be possible, but why? It's a really painful way to end your life. And I don't really think he could foresee the snow storm coming.

Anyways, what's your favorite song?

..Maybe he journeyed out into the snow storm? Can't get more epic then that. Freezing to death wouldn't be so bad, you'd just go numb.

But I don't even know what the man was like, so that's just a thought.

At the moment, my favourite song is The Blacksmith and the troll of whatever (I don't remember how to spell it)
Quote by technicolour
..Maybe he journeyed out into the snow storm? Can't get more epic then that. Freezing to death wouldn't be so bad, you'd just go numb.

I've pictured it to be like that, but I'm not sure. It sure is epic.

Quote by Phill-Rock
^ Yeah, I love them too. I haven't been playing much non-original stuff (i.e. not by me) on guitar lately, but one of the bands I make an exception for is Windir.

I need to learn Todeswalzer, the lead guitar is just... gorgeus...

An Abstract Illusion
The lead guitar in that song is indeed awesome.

And I'm feeling really lonely in my Windir-group.

An Abstract Illusion
Windir is one of my favorite bands and one of the few black metal bands I appreciate. Some of their songs are truly amazing. My favorites are probably Todeswalzer, Kampen, Heidra, Journey to the End. Some really very interesting and outstanding music. I felt this was one of the black metal groups that focused less on theatrics and more on the actual music. There was a lot of dynamic in most of their songs. Such a great band.
Quote by tangled
Some really very interesting and outstanding music. I felt this was one of the black metal groups that focused less on theatrics and more on the actual music. There was a lot of dynamic in most of their songs. Such a great band.

Yep, same here. They have a lot of melody and not the old "ho-ho-ho, satan rules and god sucks", and I really like the folk-inspired lyrics and folk-elements.

Quote by Guitarmike123
I seriously need to learn the solo in Svartesmeden Og Lundamyrstrollet.

The solo... is it the lead thing that goes throughout the song?

That's it. I'm going on a Windir learning-binge on Monday.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
The solo... is it the lead thing that goes throughout the song?

Yeah, maybe it's wrong to call it a solo.
^I'd try and get their compilation - Valfar, ein Windir... if you can't get it.. then go for Likferd.

I've discovered them a couple of weeks ago, and I gotta say that they were one of Norway's best.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by sleepwalker16
^I'd try and get their compilation - Valfar, ein Windir... if you can't get it.. then go for Likferd.

I've discovered them a couple of weeks ago, and I gotta say that they were one of Norway's best.

Yep, get Likferd.

It's the only black metal band I enjoy, togheter with Ásmegin.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Yep, get Likferd.

It's the only black metal band I enjoy, togheter with Ásmegin.

Probably because of the folk elements of both bands.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Holy shit! It's alive!

Quote by Phill-Rock
Probably because of the folk elements of both bands.

Meh, I've started liking a lot more BM since that was posted, haha.

An Abstract Illusion
Windir is personally my favorite Black Metal band of all time. My favorite songs are Resurrection of the Wild, Heidra, Kampen or Signariket Sine Kirgarar, and my favorite album either Soknadalr, or 1184. I even have the 1184 album as my backround on my desktop. The lead guitarist is very versatile and every time I hear a Windir song, I get goosebumps. Windir truly is an amazing band. RIP Valfar
Apparently, after reading through this thread it seems like I'm the only one who actually prefers Arntor over 1184.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Apparently, after reading through this thread it seems like I'm the only one who actually prefers Arntor over 1184.

I don't know... Arntor has Svartesmeden while 1184 has Journey to the End and Todeswalzer... I have their whole discography, but haven't gotten to listen to it. Arntor is leading right now because of the Sognamål-lyrics.

An Abstract Illusion
I've mostly heard Arntor, but I don't even feel like I'm ready for the other albums, because Arntor is just so fantastic in and of itself.
I've found Jesus
I would like to buy some Windir Albums (all of them) but im guessing they wont be at my local FYE or anything, I dont know any stores in America that sell obscure black metal bands like this. Thinking I might have to order online?
Quote by tangled
I would like to buy some Windir Albums (all of them) but im guessing they wont be at my local FYE or anything, I dont know any stores in America that sell obscure black metal bands like this. Thinking I might have to order online?

I don't know about obscure, but the HMV in downtown Toronto actually has some decent variety and an actual full fledged metal section. I found Windir there, but it was Arntor ein Windir which was over $30, which I personally think is bull****.

As far as I know, HMV isn't solely Canadian. But if you can't find something like that, then order it for sure.
I've found Jesus
there's HMV in Australia, but it's overpriced and the selection is horrid

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
there's HMV in Australia, but it's overpriced and the selection is horrid

Oh yea, of course it is. Like all of the HMV's here, it's horribly overpriced with horrible selection. However, downtown HMV is a two level superstore which markets to various musical niches, metal being a major one with about 5-6 long aisles dedicated to it.

I just remembered how I did find Arntor there for once, not Arntor ein Windir, and it was also horribly overpriced, so I just bought 2 albums for less than 15 each.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
I don't know about obscure, but the HMV in downtown Toronto actually has some decent variety and an actual full fledged metal section. I found Windir there, but it was Arntor ein Windir which was over $30, which I personally think is bull****.

As far as I know, HMV isn't solely Canadian. But if you can't find something like that, then order it for sure.

I would never be able to find a windir album in my hmv, they're metal section is ok, but not that good. I found both of mine at some independant record store downtown, and they were both used. So I doubt I'll be able to find anymore.
Quote by Contraband
I've mostly heard Arntor, but I don't even feel like I'm ready for the other albums, because Arntor is just so fantastic in and of itself.

1184, nao.

An Abstract Illusion
Page 1 of 2