When I told a guy at guitar center I was thinking of putting Seymour Duncans into my Gibson Les Paul Studio, he told me it would degrade the value of my guitar if I ever wanted to sell it. Is this true?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White w/Gold Hardware
Schecter Gryphon Limited Edition Flame top in Charcoal Burst
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
It'd be changing out stock parts, so yes, it would degrade the value. If you plan on selling, keep the stock pups in a safe place, and reinstall them later.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I think it would only lower the value if it's vintage guitar or if it's not done very well.
Quote by DrNick
It'd be changing out stock parts, so yes, it would degrade the value. If you plan on selling, keep the stock pups in a safe place, and reinstall them later.

Yea I planned on keeping the stock pickups in case I want to sell my guitar later on.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White w/Gold Hardware
Schecter Gryphon Limited Edition Flame top in Charcoal Burst
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
it'll lower it unless somebody wants that guitar with those pickups in it. but keep the originals handy for the just in case... if you want to sell the guitar, then put them in and put the duncans in your new guitar.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
If the new pickups are worth more than the stocks, then no, probably not...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Unless you changed the pickups to more up-market ones of the same manufacturer, then yes. But if you're gonna keep the guitar, who cares about the value of it, just do what it takes to get the best sound that you want out of it
Quote by Avenger wL
Yea I planned on keeping the stock pickups in case I want to sell my guitar later on.

if you're going to do that, i don't see much of a problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?