I saw the Dimebag Darrell issue crap one user hde made, the reason there are so many tributes to Dimebag is that he was a good guitar player and he was shot on the STAGE, this was the first someone had been killed on the stage, I think if your idols was killed on the stage you would be happy that so many cared, so to all you ppl, show some respect motherf*ckers!
Nobody hated/hates dimebag

get yo facts straight foo'
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
I saw the Dimebag Darrell issue crap one user hde made, the reason there are so many tributes to Dimebag is that he was a good guitar player and he was shot on the STAGE, this was the first someone had been killed on the stage, I think if your idols was killed on the stage you would be happy that so many cared, so to all you ppl, show some respect motherf*ckers!

I know your only trying to stop it, but its threads like these that piss off people.

Let them respect who ever they want and it shouldnt bother you.
Quote by Broken_Drum
They were complaining about how companies take advantage of the fact he was shot on stage.

It seemed like ppl was so tired of the Dime tribute, but if I'm wrong I'm sorry
Quote by Broken_Drum
They were complaining about how companies take advantage of the fact he was shot on stage.

To be fair, though.. I don't think GW does, he DID have a lot to do with the magazine, though.

But anyway, there was a reason that thread was closed, TS.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
Nobody hated/hates dimebag

get yo facts straight foo'

ive heard alot of people on UG that say they hate him and hes a shit player. I dont think hes the best no, but hes a damn good player. I give anyone that can inspire as many kids as he did tremendous respect.

Dean is a complete travesty. All they have done is ***** his name to make money. I refuse to buy a Dean at all now.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Feb 6, 2008,
I don't like Pantera, but I respect Dime. He deserves better than cheap knockoffs of his sig guitar being sold.
I like Pantera's music. But i think its become a marketing scheme. I mean yeah the Dean FBD ML is a beautiful instrument, and to some extent the razorback, but do we need 15 variations of it? As for all the cover stories i think it is getting a but much, i mean you don't see it huge amounts over here, i think Total Guitar have done one maybe 2 in the 2 years ive been reading it, but whenever I see the American guitar magazines then i start to think that maybe its getting too much. Yes he was very talented, and being shot was an absolute tragedy, but I just think its too much, and maybe once a year on a memorial or something is more appropriate.
look people may not like him as a player or a write i surely dont but its not that i was like few good thing he died. thats horrible. i dont know many people that really wish for other people to die, so stop complaining ok. and stop making threads that rehash this not so fun topic to talk about
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
well GW is actually the Wylde, Halen and Darrell tribute magazine. i am subscribed and they replay those three constantly. i do like the lesson columns though.
ive heard alot of people on UG that say they hate him and hes a shit player. I dont think hes the best no, but hes a damn good player.
Its all opinion really, some people seem to think the world revolves around what they say and how they feel.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I don't care if u hate him or not, it's just that ppl should show some respect to one who was killed on the stage, and if u have anything against why not keep it to your self. Nobody deserves to die like that
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
I don't care if u hate him or not, it's just that ppl should show some respect to one who was killed on the stage, and if u have anything against why not keep it to your self. Nobody deserves to die like that

Wow, you talk an incerdible amount of bollocks don't you?

You made a fucking thread about people hating Dime, and then you claim you don't care?
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY

It's called an opinion. People are entitled to say "oh, i think Dime is being used as a marketing ploy" and you can choose to listen or not. If people aren't forcing their beliefs down your throat then you have absolutely no right to tell someone to think anything other than what they want to.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Wow, you talk an incerdible amount of bollocks don't you?

You made a fucking thread about people hating Dime, and then you claim you don't care?

I made the thread about the ppl who doesn't respect that he was killed
For god sake, no one hates him, he is extremely overrated, if he was still alive he wouldnt be getting the attention today, but what pisses me off most is that most people jump on the bandwagon.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
I made the thread about the ppl who doesn't respect that he was killed

Umm.. we shouldn't?

We should respect him as a person who cared deeply for his music instead.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I hate Dimebag.

I don't care what you think.

\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY

Umm...no, it wasn't.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Umm.. we shouldn't?

We should respect him as a person who cared deeply for his music instead.

yeah...ur right
Just because someone was killed doesn't mean that they're being used to sell magazines and are more popular because they died. I love Pantera, but Dean are starting to flog him too much, people now think that Dean exists only to sell Dimebag signatures.

You should get over it, mainly because noone cares about what you think, and the people that go 'OMG RIP DIME' are even more annoying than the people flogging anything with his name on.
Quote by SmarterChild
Just because someone was killed doesn't mean that they're being used to sell magazines and are more popular because they died. I love Pantera, but Dean are starting to flog him too much, people now think that Dean exists only to sell Dimebag signatures.

You should get over it, mainly because noone cares about what you think, and the people that go 'OMG RIP DIME' are even more annoying than the people flogging anything with his name on.

Yeah, I think this thread is one, or what?
Quote by Tom_hatton
I hate Dimebag.

I don't care what you think.

Someone needs to grow up.

I don't like Dimebag's music, or even genre, but I respect that he was a good guitarist and put his soul into his music.

RIP
for gawd's sake, calm down, kids, get a nice hot water bottle on your tummy and eat some chocolate and watch some rom coms.

and to TS, if you want to delete the thread now, just edit your first post > delete post.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by PUNKfromNORWAY
I made the thread about the ppl who doesn't respect that he was killed[/QUOTE
Dimebag shouldn't be respected because he was killed he should be respected by people if they think he was a good musician.

That is exactly what I think. His fame has been escalated huge amounts due to his murder, it was a very high profile thing. In the grand scheme of things, its nothing. I'm not trying to downplay it, it was a tragedy and its horrible that I only got into them after he'd died; but come on, it was a guitarist. Compared to a war, or epidemic or anything like that, it's really quite insignificant.