I'm gonna build a guitar over the summer, and I want to get everything planned out before I start. I'm planning on a Mahogany body with a Maple neck and Ebony fingerboard with dual humbuckers, a solid bridge, and custom wiring which *should* work. (Still gotta test the wiring with some old stuff I have laying around) But of the websites I visited, only two had any type of neck-through design necks, and they were a bit more than I wanted to spend. Warmoth doesn't sell neck-through necks, and stewmac.com and carvin.com charge about $240 for the neck I want. If I had to, I'd spend that much, but I'd prefer to spend around $150 for the neck, as money will be tight. Are there any other sites that I missed that sell decent necks?
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
warmoth
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Did either of you actually read the post? Warmoth DOES NOT sell neck-through.

Carvin would be your best bet, even if the necks are just over $200. Even finding a good bolt on for under $150 would be tough.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
eBay
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by ShutDown785
Carvin would be your best bet, even if the necks are just over $200. Even finding a good bolt on for under $150 would be tough.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I guess I'll probably end up with one from Carvin.

Quote by PimpedOutSquier
eBay
I tried that. I found almost everything else I need there for a good price. But I'll probably get pickups directly from Dimarzio. The necks on ebay are almost exclusively bolt-ons with Strat-syle heads. I rather dislike strat-style heads. I like the look of Les Paul-style heads.

Thanks to the people who actually read my post.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia