are they a lot harder than 9's?

on a 25.5 scale guitar
also will lowering action make bending easier or harder
Not a lot harder. I can still do some 1.5 step bends with 11s.

Lowering action does not make string bending any easier, harder if anything
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I don't think the difference will be too noticeable in your bending, and I've always found bending to be easier with higher action.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
10's and 9s are about the same really. I doubt you'll notice a big difference.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
It's really not that bad, i play 11s and like Doodleface said pretty big bends are still possible, so I think that 10's will be fine.
it's not much harder but if it was the tone you get would be worth it all though BB king and B.Gibbons use .08's and .09's
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
A lot of it comes from technique. I found it hard at first to bend on .11s, I could hardly do more than a 1/2 step. Now that I've practiced, I can easily to whole step bends, even 1.5 step in some cases. That was without adjusting the action to make it easier. Just keep practicing bending, and develop your technique.
You can still bend pretty easy on 10's, it takes a week or so to get used to it but eventually it's fine. For 11's you can tune down 1/2 step (like SRV) or 1 whole step to ease the string tension.

Bend 12's or 13's once and you'll end up in the hospital.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Doodleface
Not a lot harder. I can still do some 1.5 step bends with 11s.

Lowering action does not make string bending any easier, harder if anything

1.5 step bends here wiht 12s

Strengthem your fingers up, i bend bass strings in solos..
Quote by PCSpeaker
1.5 step bends here wiht 12s

Strengthem your fingers up, i bend bass strings in solos..

It isnt a contest.......
The action of the guitar makes the most impact on bending technique at least imo. I cannot bend properly on a guitar that has absurdly low action, my fingers slide into the other strings and they bind up making wide bent vibratos impossible.

Its best to find a happy medium where you can play the guitar comfortably, and you can bend up as far as you want so your fingers go under the strings making it easier and cleaner. You don't need super high action to do this either... Just high enough so you can slide under.
Quote by minibrowny
It isnt a contest.......

Never said it was, i just wanted to say taht its possible to bend heavier stuff.

9.s are far too flappy imo, 10s are okay, 11s are great and 12s are good.

if you want easy to bed but hard sounding, get 11/10 hybrids
Quote by rmcgdd
A lot of it comes from technique. I found it hard at first to bend on .11s, I could hardly do more than a 1/2 step. Now that I've practiced, I can easily to whole step bends, even 1.5 step in some cases. That was without adjusting the action to make it easier. Just keep practicing bending, and develop your technique.
That's not technique, but brute force. If you've developed a flawless bending technique on 9s and then switch to 10s or 11s, you'll have some difficulty, but that's just because of the extra strength you need, and not the technique.
Quote by PCSpeaker
if you want easy to bed but hard sounding, get 11/10 hybrids

That's sick, dude. Why would anybody want to score with a set of strings...?
Quote by Pikka Bird

That's sick, dude. Why would anybody want to score with a set of strings...?

Why not?

For example, look at the DR Coated 9-42's. I would tap those old school.

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.