My metal band is attempting to try this silent band practice thing where everyone uses headphones and plugs into a mixer and then run the mixer to a headphone amp. the Mackie hmx 56 was a mixer and a headphone amp all in one but they discontinued it. Are there any other similar alternatives to this?
Quote by apocalypse253
My metal band is attempting to try this silent band practice thing where everyone uses headphones and plugs into a mixer and then run the mixer to a headphone amp. the Mackie hmx 56 was a mixer and a headphone amp all in one but they discontinued it. Are there any other similar alternatives to this?

A silent band practice through headphones is a genius idea. If only it would work with drums...

I was shopping for PA speakers the other day and spotted this <Linky>
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
we figured we would have our drummer buy the cheapest electric set he could buy and then just use his double bass pedal on the electric set
that way we could practice whenever we wanted
because it wouldn't be disturbing anyone
even our vocalist would quietly scream into a mic with headphones on
lol
Last edited by apocalypse253 at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by apocalypse253
we figured we would have our drummer buy the cheapest electric set he could buy and then just use his double bass pedal on the electric set
that way we could practice whenever we wanted
because it wouldn't be disturbing anyone
even our vocalist would quietly scream into a mic with headphones on
lol

I like the idea of electric drums and although my musical style means there is no screaming (blues, jazz, classic rock) my drummer is tight and hates the sound of them.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S