I'm kinda new here ,but I had an account before.But anyways I want to know how do you build stamina when practicing?I have played for 5 yrs and I first learned the riffs of Metallica and never had any intention to learn to shred but that changed after hearing Zakk Wylde.So I learned his solo's but with no practice of technique so about a year ago I started practicing with a metronome and I have reached 150 bpm but that depends on how well I warm-up prior to practice.any advice and practice tips?
I practice as much as I possibly can I go sometimes till I 9pm and I start at anywhere between 1 and 3:30 pm.
The only way to build stamina is through brute force: keep at it until you get better, sorry.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Taking it 150 bpm 4 notes per click?

And if you play for hours on end, dont you have the stamina to play already?

If its for stuff like riffs and your practicing that much, a rest doesnt go to waste.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The only way to build stamina is through brute force: keep at it until you get better, sorry.

WARNING!!!!!!
Do not over exert your muscles.... TENDONITIS