my last post died so i made this one what would you say?

and is there a better guitar for the price of any of those two?
Well the RG1570 is a prestige guitar, the RGT42DX is not, so I would go for the RG1570!
The RG1570 is way superior IMO. Better neck, better tremolo, better pickups.
i know i shudnt go for a guitar on looks but the rgt42dx's inlays are gorgeous and the rgt is made of better wood but yh what are the stock pickups like on the rg1570?

EDIT: and is there a better guitar for the same price or cheaper?
Last edited by tmsrdgwy at Feb 6, 2008,
does this really need bumping already?
Last edited by tmsrdgwy at Feb 6, 2008,
We already gave you a whole ****load of advice in your other thread.

If you want to choose strictly between those two, go for a RG1570. Superior materials, parts, and build quality/quality control.

Otherwise, for the same price as a RG1570, go for a Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX FR or C-1 Hellraiser FR, or a Jackson DKMG Dinky.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
does the rgt42dx have a trem? if so, get the 1570, no question.

if it doesn't, you first need to decide if you want a trem. if you do, DON'T buy a non-prestige RG, as their trems suck (on the new models, at least).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
does the rgt42dx have a trem? if so, get the 1570, no question.

if it doesn't, you first need to decide if you want a trem. if you do, DON'T buy a non-prestige RG, as their trems suck (on the new models, at least).

The RGT42DX has a Edge Pro II, which is terrible compared to the 1570's original Edge Pro.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
The RGT42DX has a Edge Pro II, which is terrible compared to the 1570's original Edge Pro.

that's what i figured. if so, avoid.

i think there's a hardtail version too, though (it might have "fx" in the model name, though), which does muddy the waters somewhat. i'd rather have an rga121, though, most likely, if you're going to go down the hardtail route.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?