There are some days where my practice is perfect then other days its totally off.I have a harder time playing slowly than I do fast,but on bad days I can't play anything.Is there something wrong with my technique?
nah, bud, your techniques probly fine. some days you totally get into the "groove" and other days you just cant seem to find it. its fine. but as you get better, you can find it easier
Oh thanks guys I was getting so ticked with it because it went on for 4 days like that.I was getting to the point that I was considering taking lessons to fix the inconsistency.
Quote by Metal Society
I have a harder time playing slowly than I do fast

That part of what you said worries me a little and definitely needs some work.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i agree... for all slow should prove to be the easier. but if your find it hard to play slow you may have a technique problem, and that may not be so noticeable because your playing quickly. (especially with chords) it is easy to blend in mistakes with properly done chords when playing fast because its harder to hear all individual notes in a chord when you play them fast.

i recommend you start playing slow before you pick up the speed again. (it may even help the quality of your play when going faster)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Green Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member - Geddy Lee Fan Club -

Hartke 4x10, 400W VX cab
Hartke HA3500 350W head

Squire Custom JAZZ Bass (Midnight Blue)
So practicing to play better at the slower tempo would make my practice much more consistent?
Quote by Metal Society
So practicing to play better at the slower tempo would make my practice much more consistent?

Yes, I have a feeling that you can't actually play fast at all; you just think you can because you're not paying enough attention or are playing through too much gain.

Slow down what you're doing and master it at a slow speed before you even think about speeding up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.