I read the thread that said there was no low melody in guitar pro ("Powertab vs. Guitar Pro" thread) but I have a hard time believing that because if I import my power tab into guitar pro with low melody it appears properly (it just makes the low melody notes grey instead of black). Now I realize I could just do this all the time but I'd like to know if anyone has figured out how to do this in the actual program instead of transferring it from one to another everytime.
Quote by rocabilly
Once you're black

There's no turning back

Then how do you explain Micheal Jackson?
you mean the ghost note option? or there is an option in preferences or somwhere on the tool bar to edit picking sounds
there is an option near the top saying Edit Lead or Edit Voice or something...
It looks like some lines with darker lines on top/underneath.
1 should already be selected, select the other.

...Probably didn't help at all.
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Well I mean so that you can assign them a separate rhythmic pattern (say you have two notes at once, one extends beyond the other in terms of time, the low melody will have notes facing downward while the upper part has notes pointing up).
In the tools window, under 'Notation': middle line, second and third from the right are low and high melodies (calls it 'voice 1' and 'voice 2'). If I've understood what you mean.

Bear in mind I use the Mac version, so they may be in a different place on the PC version. The symbol is a double stave with the bottom one greyed out on one, and the top one greyed out on the other.
Quote by Alreddyded
there is an option near the top saying Edit Lead or Edit Voice or something...
It looks like some lines with darker lines on top/underneath.
1 should already be selected, select the other.

...Probably didn't help at all.

Bingo, I was actually looking for the voicing but I couldn't find it, thanks buddy.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do