1. say nothing
140 40%
2. say something to my sister
122 34%
3. saying something to her boyfriend
92 26%
Voters: 354.
Page 1 of 3
right, my 14 year old sister has had her boyfriend for about 8 months now. now, i'm all for her having a little boyfriend sorta thing, but i don't like the idea of her doing anything sexual with this lad. his dad is in jail for armed robbery, but he's alright, just not keen on him taking things further with my sister.

right, so the question, what would you do? personally, i'm thinking of just leaving it and not saying anything as i cannot be bothered with the aggro / uncomfortable conversation

also, if this was my little brother, i would not give two stuffs, it's just i think brothers are generally drawn to protect their little sister.

EDIT: very misleading thread title!! just read the actual text before making comment!!

EDIT 2: he's the same age
Last edited by fender_696 at Feb 6, 2008,
As long as he's no a comple ass to her, and dosent demand things that are over the top for her age, just stay out of her business.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I say let her live her own life. She'll just resent you for butting in all the time. Also, if he seems like a decent enough guy, then why ruin it?
Quote by fender_696
right, my 14 year old sister has had her boyfriend for about 8 months now. now, i'm all for her having a little boyfriend sorta thing, but i don't like the idea of her doing anything sexual with this lad. his dad is in jail for armed robbery, but he's alright, just not keen on him taking things further with my sister.

right, so the question, what would you do? personally, i'm thinking of just leaving it and not saying anything as i cannot be bothered with the aggro / uncomfortable conversation

also, if this was my little brother, i would not give two stuffs, it's just i think brothers are generally drawn to protect their little sister.

There is nothing you can do. Just hope your parents have instilled enough sex education that she knows she should use contraception. Even better hope that she is holding out for the right guy and that she has enough confidence in herself not to fall into peer pressure.

It wouldnt hurt to just give a little sex ed, like just say "dont do anything you feel uncomfortable with and dont let him pressure you into anything you dont want to do. If you are going to have sex, use protection."
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
well its a little young but haha i wouldnt want anybody to stop me if i was her boyfriend
The only question you need to ask yourself is: can you kick your sister's boyfriends ass?
If so, say whatever you want to him.
If not, then you may have a problem.
Dude, imagine growing up with hot, twin sisters only a year younger than you. The jokes roll right off me by now, but believe me there will be some beatings going on in my school when people even think about trying it...
don't try to stop her from having sex. that's just not within your power. just explain to her the necessary precautions and to be smart about it.
there have been so many of these topics lately......... does she tell your girlfriend not to sex you? no so F off
Just have a chat with the boyfriend. Let him know you're all for them being together and you are OK with him, but make sure he recognises you care for your sister.
Wtf? No incest?!

This thread sucks man.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Quote by buckethead_jr
Hmm.

I thought this thread was going to be about something else...

/leaves disappointed

Mmmhmm.
Uhh...shi*t if it was my lil sister i would be concerned also but then again you dont have a right to butt in on her life...just wait for her BF to f*ck up and beat his ass!

Thats just what i would do....yay Kool Aid!!
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by fender_696

EDIT: very misleading thread title!! just read the actual text before making comment!!
Yes! Tell her a blowjob is as far as she can go.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm in the same situation, my 15 year old sister has had a relationship with a guy my age for the last 1.5 years, but I don't care, it's her life and he's a great guy
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Yes! Tell her a blowjob is as far as she can go.

i would still condisder that sexual though!!
Quote by fender_696
i would still condisder that sexual though!!
If Bill and Monica didn't consider it sex, why should you?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
She's WAY too young to be having sex.....

It's your right to protect her and if you feel you must protect her then act on your instincts. You'll regret it if she comes to you with the surprise that you're going to be an uncle.
Why? It's her life. If she want to screw the guy, why stop her? Most kids start doing it around that age anyway.
Why doesn't the poll say talk to them both? Why can't you sit them together and tell your sister that you won't mess with them if they just take proper care and whatever. I think it's wrong in any case to have sex before marriage for many reasons beyond just religion. But if they're going to do it- which they probrably will anyway- at least make sure they know to use protection. Make sure they know how to use condoms and anything else they might use.

EDIT: Wait...14? That's definitely too young. If she were 16 or something, I wouldn't see it as a problem, but 14? That's just a little too young. How old is the boyfriend?
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Last edited by E V H 5150 at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by MightyAl
The only question you need to ask yourself is: can you kick your sister's boyfriends ass?
If so, say whatever you want to him.
If not, then you may have a problem.

most efective is to say something to her boyfriend.
but you really risk your sister getting really pissed of.
so make sure you scare him enought not to say anything to her.
CTHC
lmao I read sex and sisters... totally thought something else
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Paroxysm
Why? It's her life. If she want to screw the guy, why stop her? Most kids start doing it around that age anyway.

Really? *checks birth date* Uuuhh...

So, just tell your sister what a Condom is, simple.
do nothign and you're asking for it. what's worse, hurting your sister's pride and getting into an awkward conversation...

...or your sister admitting to your family at the dinner table that she's 4 months pregnant?

Think about it.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Where's the incest at?
Lame thread.

It's her life, it would only make her mad if you tried to interfere or even express your opinion, unless she's an extremely mature and diplomatic 14 year old.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
as an older brother, its your duty to be extra defensive of your sister. when my sister starts dating.... unless hes cool first time i meet him, i'm just gonna show him my black belt, give him a brutal look, all the while blasting grindcore in the background . but if i find out anything.... oh man, its over. someday, she will thank me too.
I'm in the complete converse situation, my step-sis is in the year below me (so 15/16, I think 16) and has her first long-term boyfriend (who is nice enough despite being a slight dimwit and my age) and yet they just WON'T do anything! They've been going out for 7 months and I don't know... I suppose I just want to see them grow up! The dang mother makes them sleep in separate rooms if he ever stays over... *sigh* I just don't like seeing over-protective parents!
you forgot:
4. Join them
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

Quote by #1 synth
i figure as long as its not a puppy it's fair game for my penis.
I would talk to your little sister about it. If she's cool she'll realise you're doing it to try and protect her and look out for her, you're not trying to stop her having fun and all. Trust me, as a girl with older brothers myself who look after me, it's the msot lovely thing in the WORLD to have a big brother checking up on you. I know they're not always fussing over me, but I also know that they would take care of me anytime I needed it.

Personally I think 14 is too young for any sort of sexual activity, but 8 months is also quite a long time for 14 year olds, so it's obviously not a brief thing where one is screwed over (sometimes literally).

Back to my point, I would definitely recommedn you talk to her. Make sure she understands you're not being a 'parent' and stopping living her life and doing what she wants, but she could do with a big brother who's friendly and supportive. It's the best.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Do the father thing: invite him in while she's getting ready to go out, sit in the living room with him and polish a large knife/gun, and say these exact words halfway into pleasant conversation:

"Boy, do you know what it feels like to kill a man with your bare hands? I do."

Don't forget to wish them a good evening, and give him a solid pat on the back on his way out.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Page 1 of 3