Dog Barks Deciphered; Yes, Dogs Are as Simple and Dumb as You Thought

Page 1 of 2
I found this interesting!

Researchers in Budapest have spent a lot of time analyzing dogs barking for some reason, and they've figured out a way to create software to decipher exactly what your pooch is saying. That's not to say that Rex is suddenly going to start saying "My, Joseph, you have been sitting around the house all day in a dreadful state. Don't you agree that it would be to both of our benefits if you took me out for a jolly stroll?", but it will let him say "Walk! Walk walk walk! Walk! Walk Walk! Walk!"

That's because, apparently, dogs have six types of barks depending on what they want or are doing. There's the "stranger" bark, the "fight" bark, the "walk" bark, the "alone" bark, the "ball" bark and the "play" bark. Knowing what these barks all sound like will allow software that decodes them to be built and, presumably, stuck in small devices on their collars. That way, when your dog barks, you'll know exactly what they want. Not that it's ever that hard to figure out anyways. They're just stupid dogs, after all, it's not like they ever want anything other than meat or a good scratch behind the ears. But hey, at least you'll know.

I don't know..
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Bark. Bark bark bark. Bark. Woof.
Translate that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Wasn't there a study where they found out that dogs had different accents or something? Like a dalmation walking along the street going 'way-ay man'
would be pretty cool, id tell my dog to shut up in dog language
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
I would like a translation for the phrase: "Knock it off, asshole, the Moon can't hear you."
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
If you don't understand what your dog wants through the way it barks than you shouldn't have it for a pet.

Really, it's easy to understand a dog once you get to know it as your pet.
Quote by Mad Marius
I would like a translation for the phrase: "Knock it off, asshole, the Moon can't hear you."

this is actually pretty cool.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages.
Then how do you explain Lassie?!

Lassie: BARK BARK WOOF
Random dude: WHAT?! There's four guys, a teenage girl and a pregnant woman and her siamese cat trapped in an old well?! And the Giants won the Super Bowl?!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they invent the baby translator thing.
Quote by LinkManDX
Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages. Sausages.

That is immediately what I thought of when I read this...
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
one word-SNAUSAGES!!!!
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by LinkManDX

I don't know why, but that made me laugh out loud!
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
I don't know why, but that made me laugh out loud!

It's from a budweiser commercial :P
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Let's see...only 6 types of barks?

I'm pretty sure anyone with a moderate experience with dogs can be pretty sure what they want if they only want 6 things.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
There's the "stranger" bark, the "fight" bark, the "walk" bark, the "alone" bark, the "ball" bark and the "play" bark.

I believe they forgot the "food" bark.
Quote by ctb
Walls!

E-Cookie to anyone who gets that.

The old advert with the guy and the dog and he was all like "walls!"

And the dog was all like "sausages!"

Was funny stuff............Cookie now please?
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
I believe they forgot the "food" bark.

I'm surprised you're the first to notice!
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by thrashfan
Let's see...only 6 types of barks?

I'm pretty sure anyone with a moderate experience with dogs can be pretty sure what they want if they only want 6 things.

Exactly my thoughts.

Quote by Archaon
This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they invent the baby translator thing.

Yeah, it was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the first post.
.... Riiiiight, suuuuure. Dog bark translation software.

What next? Software that doubles your RAM? Oh, wait...
Anybody remember the Dexter's Lab episode where Dexter invented the same thing?

"YOU WANNA GO FOR A RIDE?? i WANNA GO FOR A RIDE!!! C'MON LET'S GO FOR A RIDE!!

Quote by ctb
Walls!

E-Cookie to anyone who gets that.

It's a shame that Walls sausages are naff.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
my dog doesn't bark.

well...i've heard him bark like, 3 or 4 times since we've had him. and that's about nine years. lol.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
My cat is dumber...it will try to predict where im going to walk and it ALWAYS gets itself stuck in the printer
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by whatamidoinhere
The old advert with the guy and the dog and he was all like "walls!"

And the dog was all like "sausages!"

Was funny stuff............Cookie now please?

Quote by Vermintide
.... Riiiiight, suuuuure. Dog bark translation software.

What next? Software that doubles your RAM? Oh, wait...

is there such thing?....

i want name please.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by Jackal58
Bark. Bark bark bark. Bark. Woof.
Translate that.

"This thread is fucking dumb"?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Demon Wolf
Then how do you explain Lassie?!

Lassie: BARK BARK WOOF
Random dude: WHAT?! There's four guys, a teenage girl and a pregnant woman and her siamese cat trapped in an old well?! And the Giants won the Super Bowl?!

tempted to sig that
Quote by Ralbert07
Get a sledgehammer and you can do the rest yourself. Sledgehammers solve everything.

Buy me an amp and I will marry you
Quote by Op3th
It's from a budweiser commercial :P

Such a shame we don't have Budweiser commercials in Sweden.

EDIT: Yea, and I too noticed the lack of food bark.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by master
Anybody remember the Dexter's Lab episode where Dexter invented the same thing?

"YOU WANNA GO FOR A RIDE?? i WANNA GO FOR A RIDE!!! C'MON LET'S GO FOR A RIDE!!

LMAO omg yea!! the Labrador! his "lab" ahahaha. but then ended up not his. whooo..good times.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by Våd Hamster
Cats ftw >_>

(Although they are probably even more stupid)

Sleep, eat.

There ya' go, the mind of a cat.

An Abstract Illusion
Iiiiiiit's Bacon!
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by LinkManDX

mind yo-own bizniss, chump!
Quote by djmay71
OMG

eddievh2, you are a genuis, and true man of action

damn right

Quote by Zugunruhe

or else, how good are you at drawing penises?

lulz
Page 1 of 2