hello, im a somewhat-beginner and im stuck at scales...like ive had over 5 years in music class and im still confused (well ive never understood scales ) but like what are the differences between Major, minor, pentatonic and blues...ect
Quote by Cumquat rebel
hello, im a somewhat-beginner and im stuck at scales...like ive had over 5 years in music class and im still confused (well ive never understood scales ) but like what are the differences between Major, minor, pentatonic and blues...ect

What were they teaching you for 5 years?! It seems like if you haven't understood
them well enough by now to ask a more specific question about them, chances are
a forum post isn't going to help you much.

The difference between them is that they are composed of different notes. I'm not
sure what else you could be asking for.
my dumbed down answer:

they're like, different, and stuff

you know that song by Whitesnake? Here I Go Again? its like how that's different from Aint No Love In The Heart Of The City
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head
The pentatonic has only 5 notes, while the Major and minor scales have seven. The blues scale is almost exactly like the pentatonic, but it also has the dissonant third placed in it.
Im confused by them too but what i can gather is they are just patterns of notes, and the key of the scale changes where you play it. you have the Minor Pentatonic scale played in For Whom the Bell Tolls intro on the bass, but you can move that pattern of notes around, and it gives the same sound, but in a different key.
Quote by BassmanArk
you have the Minor Pentatonic scale played in For Whom the Bell Tolls intro on the bass

no you don't.