Sorry for posting about a million threads on heads and stuff..but I really cannot decide what to get. At first I wanted the 6505, but I dont want strictly metal, as I like to play hard/classic rock a lot too. Plus 120w is ridiculous. I heard the cleans arn't anything to shout about anyways. Then I was looking at the orange rocker 30, but i've been told that it does not have enough gain for metallica, ozzy, and stuff like that. So now Ive been researching the marshall dsl either 50/100, as it seems somewhere in between the two amps gain/power wise. So, here are a few questions about it:

1) Do the 50 and 100 differ in anyway besides the power?

2) Can the dsl do heavier stuff like metallica..queensryche

3) Would the dsl paired with an orange 2x12 be a good combo?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I don't think the 50 and the 100 will differ except in terms of headroom. As for the heavy stuff, hell yes it can get heavy. It is capable of a whole bunch of metal tones if you dial it in right.
What does the amount of headroom determine?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Headroom is the volume it can go to without distorting.
And to answer your questions
1)Not really
2)Yes. But a booster pedal would help
3)From what I have heard the orange cabs are amazing so yes
I love mine, I would never get rid of it. I am using a 2X12 cab and it sounds amazing. Go for it.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
Headroom is the volume it can go to without distorting.
And to answer your questions
1)Not really
2)Yes. But a booster pedal would help
3)From what I have heard the orange cabs are amazing so yes

Boost is not necessary, the DSL has a lot of gain to cover every genre. Perhaps to tighten up the sound a bit, but that is just personal taste.
Quote by davedoom
Maiden uses 50s not 100s.

says it all really

Where did you read that?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
The 100 wont really be much louder than the 50 watt, You'll just be able to turn the cleans up to a higher volume without having it distort. Same goes for the Distortion though, you'll have to turn it up louder to get the break-up.

Go with the 50. Alot of bands, even Iron Maiden like someone posted, use the 50 just because 100 watts tube usually isnt necessary. I have a 50/100 watt JCM900, and I never take it off the 50 watt mode cause theres no way I could turn it up loud enough to get the tube break-up sound, and still have it be suitable for playing with a band, it'd just be too loud.

It's up to you though, but you're prabobly better off buying the 50 watt DSL unless you're playing huge arenas with 100,000+ people. Even then, the 50 would prabobly be better.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant