If I want to play a chord progression that I wrote in normal tuning without a capo. How do I play I have the capo on say fret 1 ? How do I transcribe chords when using a capo ?
These are the chords, without the capo on fret.

E/Gb - F#m7 - G#m7 - B7 - A7 - Dbm7

E|--- 0 --- 2 --- 4 --- 2 --- 0 --- 4
A|--- 2 --- 4 --- 6 --- 2 --- 0 --- 4
D|--- 2 --- 2 --- 4 --- 4 --- 2 --- 6
G|--- 1 --- 2 --- 4 --- 3 --- 1 --- 4
B|--- 0 --- 2 --- 4 --- 4 --- 2 --- 5
E|--- 2 --- 2 --- 4 --- 2 --- 0 --- 4

I hope I've name these chords right, their in the same orders as the names given above.

I would really appreciate any help and advice.
The capo basically lets you play in a higher key when you have open strings ringing. So if you placed the capo on the 1st fret then move everything up one fret. For every fret you capo, move up a fret.

If you are playing in the standard G major fingerings, adding the capo on the first fret and moving up a fret puts that into G# major. But really you only need this when you play something that uses open strings or notes you can't finger. You can play anything anywhere on the fretboard. hope that helped.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
Quote by GNR's Fan

Just for the record, you should stick to just using flats, or just using sharps to describe a piece of music that stays in key like this one.

I believe the correct way to name those chords would be:

E/F# - F#m7 - G#m7 - B7 - A7 - C#m7

as all of them use notes from the A major scale, A B C# D E F# G#
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Quote by GNR's Fan
If I want to play a chord progression that I wrote in normal tuning without a capo. How do I play I have the capo on say fret 1 ? How do I transcribe chords when using a capo ?
These are the chords, without the capo on fret.

E|--- 0 --- 2 --- 4 --- 2 --- 0 --- 4
A|--- 2 --- 4 --- 6 --- 2 --- 0 --- 4
D|--- 2 --- 2 --- 4 --- 4 --- 2 --- 6
G|--- 1 --- 2 --- 4 --- 3 --- 1 --- 4
B|--- 0 --- 2 --- 4 --- 4 --- 2 --- 5
E|--- 2 --- 2 --- 4 --- 2 --- 0 --- 4

I hope I've name these chords right, their in the same orders as the names given above.

I would really appreciate any help and advice.

1. E add9
2. correct
3. correct
4. Bmaj7/F#
5. Amaj7/E
6. C#m7/G# (Db isn't wrong, but it is spelled awkwardly)

Now, if you want to play in the same key but using a capo to allow you to use simpler chords, you basically have to move the key DOWN one semitone for every fret you move the capo UP.

Ex. capo second fret = move key of song down two semitones. This would allow you to play fewer barre chords.

Dadd9
Em7
F#m7
G
Amaj7/E
Bm7/F#

Note for simplicity's sake, I got rid of the maj7 and the bass note substitution on the G. The net result would be the same key as the original, but with simpler chords - only two of them involving barring.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.