I'm thinking of getting the GT-8 for my Cube 60, but I heard pedals dont' work well with modelling amps? If I just use it through the clean channel, will it sound good?
Get some individual stomps, better investment for the future and pedals sound good through the clean amp models on cube.
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Are individual pedals actually better? Because I know the real thing is usually better, but I heard some good reviews on the GT-8.
yea Ive always heard that a modeling amp doesnt like pedals...and mostly hates modeling pedals.

I tried running a Magicstomp into my micro cube one time....The amp didn't like it much at all...
I'm selling a Gt-8 if your interested. There's a link in my sig.

I think it sounds pretty good in my Cube 15.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
So, I've decided on getting the individual pedals...I've already decided on a Crybaby Wah and Digitech Whammy, but if I have to use these through the clean channel, will I need to get a distortion/overdrive pedal as well? If so, any recomendations?
Dunno, there's a slight overdirve on a half cocked wah but you'd probably want to invest in an overdrive/distortion pedal. I have a cube 30 and it takes pedals very nicely.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Any suggestions? I play mainly punk, and metal along the lines of Rage Against The Machine and Metallica.
IF you're really into metal try a Metal Muff, if not, try a ProCo RAT. Try some BOSS Pedals, it's all out how they feel to you.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
If you want to go crybaby I would suggest the 535q, a Crybaby from Hell, or my favorite, a Slash wah. They're all a little bit on the expensive side though, but well worth it. The bottom of the barrel crybaby is not that good, without modding that is.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Digitech DF7 and a wah or look at the Boss ME50
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000