How much do you think GC or any store will pay for a one year old like new dual rectifier?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Mesa lonestar [prolly trade my DR for it]
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
Stephen Designs '59 pups [waiting for them to come]
A new bridge pup.
Since they stock them, not much.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
They'll pay you a hell of a lot less than you'd get on ebay or craigslist!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
take what they would sell it for, then cut that in half, there ya go
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
yea not much...pawn shops just look on ebay, then offer you half, and since guitar center has no need for it...prolly gonna get about that.

how much you lookin to get for it?
my music....so check it out

www.myspace.com/copperchild
the guitar store by my house buys it for half of what they can resell it for. so say its they will resell it for 1000 they will give you 500.. good deal eh.. thats why i refuse to sell my stuff to places like that.. they are pretty much scum
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe
Guitar Center will probably give you even less because it would probably be cheaper for them to get it straight from Mesa Boogie than to get it from you.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
To get a rough idea of what you can expect from either selling it to a music store or pawnshop, do the following:

1. Look up how much COMPLETED listings for the same item have sold on ebay.
2. Take that amount, and divide that in half.
3. Don't add any amount even if it's in perfect condition, but subtract 5%-10% if less than mint.

That's about what they'll give you in cash. If you look to try and trade it in or get in-store credit, you might make a little more, but not much and never what you would get for it on ebay or craigslist.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
wat about places like samsh, or other non stocking stores?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
Quote by playmetal5150
the guitar store by my house buys it for half of what they can resell it for. so say its they will resell it for 1000 they will give you 500.. good deal eh.. thats why i refuse to sell my stuff to places like that.. they are pretty much scum
Scum? No. They're businesses. They pay for the building, employee's wages, electricity, taxes, and even make a few dollars profit, by charging more for something they sell than, what they buy it for.

1 - They don't hold a gun to anyone's head and say "you must sell me your amp for the price I'm willing to pay."

2 - You have a right to do your business wherever you like.

3 - Some people ARE willing to take the fast cash by selling their stuff to these businesses. Convenience is more important to them. That's their right to choose.

4 - Most shops have a consignment program. You can sell your amp through them for a fee. You decide on the price, they get a percentage of the price (usually 10~20 of the selling price, depending on the shop.) or a fixed fee that you both agree on. BUT you don't get your money, until the amp is sold.

Call them "scum", if you like, but life (and business) goes on.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
You'll generally get a little more if they want it, but you're still better off with Ebay and Craigslist.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
damn, the only craigslist hit is ignoring me...
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
I got 600 dollars for my 5150 and then they sold it for 600 dollars. they made no money! I dont know whats up with that.
You can expect to get around 1200 on ebay. GC will probably give you 600 or 700 for it. You are better off on ebay.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
is 1100 good?
MIM HSS strat
Boss Dd6
Buddah Wah
Diamond Memory Lane
Mesa Dual rect.

To Get:
Xotic BB preamp
ISP decimator.
A new bridge pup.
I sold a peavey head that was broken to guitar center 2 months after I bought it used at a different one. They gave me full price. Did the same thing with a squire telecaster. It's worth a try.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Rockstar12345
is 1100 good?

Yes, I've seen more than a few used Dual Rec's sell at the $1000 price point. $1100 is not bad.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
No, you can get 1200.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Im not sure why they gave me 600 for my amp and then sold it for 600. It was in good condition. It doesn't make sense why they lost money on it. I guess they had a new guy on the job or someone there ****ed it up.
Quote by Rockstar12345
How much do you think GC or any store will pay for a one year old like new dual rectifier?

you'll be lucky to get anywhere near what you want.
GC is in the business of raping ppl when it comes to you selling your stuff, or trading in.
They are cheap.
guitar center isnt ripping you off and they aren't cheap they are just doing business. I mean how much do you expect from them? Why in the hell would the pay you the same price they'd sell it for? They'd be making no profit. If you owned a music store you'd do the same thing. It makes sense the prices they give you. If they give you a thousand bucks for it and then sell it for 1100 they only made 100 bucks. That wouldnt make any sense. Sell it on ebay and get way more.
if you really want to know, then why don't you call GC and ask them, or better yet take your amp up there and see what they say.
it'll be better than asking ppl on here.
Last edited by Snowc0w at Feb 7, 2008,
Dude i didnt ask a damn thing. lol I didnt start this thread what are you talking about? All I said was why would they give me 600 bucks for my amp and then sell it for 600 bucks that it didn't make any sense. You are talking about the mesa which isnt me. Maybe its to early for you.