Ok so a friend of my really wants me to teach him guitar but he doesn't have a guitar yet. I started out playing on a Peavey Raptor and it suited me fine untill I got the basics down so I figured it'd be fine for him to learn on. 2 of my friends had Raptors that they could sell but for some reason didn't sell so those 2 are out of the question. What are some other good starting guitars that are very cheaply priced? He knows that he'll want a new guitar once he gets the basics down too so its more of a temporary investment.
Guitars

Epiphone 1958 Ebony Explorer
Fender Standard Stratocaster

Amp/Gear

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

Gunnery Sergeant of the Megadeth Military
PM BlackciN to join/get ranking
What kind of music does he plan on playing? And cheap is relative. What's his price ceiling?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
how cheaply? the dean dimebag tribute guitars are excellent for their price, but your still looking at 100 quid (something like 200 dollars) when i got mine in 2005, with hard case, no amp...and i got that in 2005 so i dont know what itll be like now, but excellent guitars
I think about $200 is the most he'll want. He doesn't have a particular preference. To be honest, he really likes the guitar hero games and thats what got him wanting to play lol. Dont bash him on that one, I'm going to show him that there's a lot more to music than the songs in guitar hero lol. And he knows that the two are nothing alike. So wide range of music, about $200.
Guitars

Epiphone 1958 Ebony Explorer
Fender Standard Stratocaster

Amp/Gear

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

Gunnery Sergeant of the Megadeth Military
PM BlackciN to join/get ranking
Agile would be great.

It might last him a little longer than his "beginner stage" too.

www.rondomusic.com
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
try a dean evo?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Since there's no specific music genre in mind, something with a SSH setup would probably be your best bet.

A Squier Fat Strat, Yamaha PAC112J, or Peavey Raptor Plus Exp would provide some good flexibility, all for at or under $200.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Tell him the guys at UG want him to get a Daisy Rock guitar.

Actually, I'd reccomend Squier or Epiphone. I started on a Squier because I'd figure that it would be better to start off with a strat and buy a Gibson later. It's also easier to convince your parents to let you buy a Gibson. I could just see the look on my parents face...

It would be like: "So you have a G-4 whatever, and you want an SG. Isn't it the same thing? What's wrong with yours? Why do you want to pay double the price for something you have?"
Quote by Rocker_94
Tell him the guys at UG want him to get a Daisy Rock guitar.

Actually, I'd reccomend Squier or Epiphone. I started on a Squier because I'd figure that it would be better to start off with a strat and buy a Gibson later. It's also easier to convince your parents to let you buy a Gibson. I could just see the look on my parents face...

It would be like: "So you have a G-4 whatever, and you want an SG. Isn't it the same thing? What's wrong with yours? Why do you want to pay double the price for something you have?"

+1

Parents have no knowledge of guitar gear whatsoever.

I mentioned a new pickup for my Agile once and they were like, "Why would you want to take the original parts off of your guitar! The ones you have work fine!"

Then I tried to explain how the magnets pick up the vibrations and send them down the coils and all that jazz and they were like, "Magnets? What's wrong with the magnets you have!?!? How can a new magnet make it sound better? A magnet is a magnet, Aaron! Fine, blow your money on whatever you want....."

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.