hey boys and girls! well i'm looking to swap my pickups for different ones. i have read lots of lots of reviews and official specs of many types of pickups. but not everyone uses the same gear. so it would help me if you guys typed up some pickups and opinions on them.

i am looking for a nice metal sound, with awsome harmonics and possibility of good clean sound too. need both bridge and neck pickup.

my gear -
jackson rr3 - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Series-Electric-Guitar-103640355-i1147609.gc
Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack -
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack-101897007-i1145874.gc

also if you think ill have a better sound with a different amp and your choice of pickups just type it up!
thanks in advance.
- Serj
almost everyone will tell you that a better amp will improve your tone about a million times more than a pickup change.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
I would say some EMG's... or Seymour Duncan's, it depends on the kinda cleans you want... and if you want it warm and creamy or tight and bright... but I like EMG's sparkly high end, and they've got some really tight bottom end...

Originally Posted by Redhotchipepper
what i thought peta was people eating tasty animals
Join the Jackson Owner's Club
Quote by samuwel
almost everyone will tell you that a better amp will improve your tone about a million times more than a pickup change.

+1

Originally Posted by Redhotchipepper
what i thought peta was people eating tasty animals
Join the Jackson Owner's Club
I would recommend emg 81's or 85's But those could be a bit expensive. So go for emg hz h-4's. Alexi Lahio (children of bodom) used them, and i've got them in my Cort Evl K-4. They sound awesome with mesa boogie distortion through a marshall mg100dfx.

But yeah, emg's (y)
emg hz's are literally on my short list of worst pickups ive ever used

up there with entry level stock ibanez pickups...
Shamray Custom V
Jackson USA KV2 Korina
Charvel Model 1
Dean Custom-450
ENGL Powerball head
ENGL Blackmore head