i recently got a used ibanez rg170....it was working fine the first couple weeks and now every time i plug it into my amp theres no sound. i dont think its the amp considering i've tried another amp. lose connection in the jack? would soldering fix it?....once i have time to take it apart (and if im not sure what the deal is) i'll upload a couple pics.
It's probably a loose wire in the jack.

Solder it back.

I think jenny has a picture diagram of it, maybe she'll post it for you.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
it probably has active pickups and the battery is most deffinitly dead, go to the back of it and there should be a small cover that you can take off and there will be a 9 volt battery in there you need to replace.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Not active, so no battery.

Would it be possible to remove the jack (should just be two screws) and then take a picture?

Like stated above, it's probably a wire that needs to be resoldered, or a contact that needs to be bent back into shape.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."

thats the picture, like said up there^

and yeah just make sure both wires are still connected.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

^

LOL, was waiting when that pic would appear.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by jj1565

Told you!

Jenny is a genius with everything guitar-related.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
yeah luckily i had it copied from the other thread on this page, i hate going into photobucket.

^ haha yeah sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanks....i took it apart last night, the black wire was torn completely off and there was barely any wire left to solder back on...so took a look at all the electronics to see if there was any slack and discovered whoever made the guitar did an extremely terrible soldering job....i've got a temp fix but i think im going to need to buy some new wires and just re-do it haha.
radio shack sells wire, soldering kits, the whole sha-bang for under $20. nice to have around.

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62