can someone find a diagram of hoow to play a C minor open chord, I think i have it right, but just want to make sure
It's an awkward chord to play open. You need an Eb so the only ways I can figure out to play it are

--3----
--1----
--0----
--1----
--3----
--X----

or
--X-----
--4-----
--0-----
--X-----
--3-----
--X-----

It's easiest to just play the bar chord.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by yamakid17
would playing it like this (xx1013) work too?

yea technically that would work. C minor is more commonly, and conveniently played as a barre chord.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Unite!101
just lower the 3rd

The third on the D string is easy to lower. But there is also a third on the E-string, which is an open note, which makes it much harder to play.
and kind of on the same topic, in the C form, would this be a D major (x54232)? and woul this be an F major 7 (x87555)? thanks in advance.
Quote by yamakid17
and kind of on the same topic, in the C form, would this be a D major (x54232)? and woul this be an F major 7 (x87555)? thanks in advance.

yes those are correct
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Gordita Supreme
You could also just do

(x3103x)

= C min add9

but yea, you could.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
= C min add9

but yea, you could.

madd9 chords sound very nice. Especially one like : C#madd9/E :
e -4-
b -5-
g -8-
D -6-
A -4-
E -0-
sorry for all the questions but im trying to make sure i get this stuff.so would this chord be a d minor (xx3235)?
i personally play it like
e-3
B-4
G-0
D-1
A-3
E--

edit: chord edited, i was tired last night :P
Last edited by z4twenny at Feb 7, 2008,
Quote by yamakid17
sorry for all the questions but im trying to make sure i get this stuff.so would this chord be a d minor (xx3235)?

That would be Dm/F.