Can anyone tell me the name of any GOOD sound systems out there for doing small shows that are reasonably priced? It would be a lot of help.

-Drake
not sound system, PA...

so how many people you looking to play for?
If you can, its best to just use the acoustic drums and mic the vocals, bass, and guitars if needed. A good PA will go around $800+ and if you need a ton of inputs for the drum you're going to need a larger PA set.

I like this kit:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-KPM8420T-KPC215H-PA-Package?sku=630570

the mics are cheap and will need to be swapped out with a few SM58s but other than that you get some cables, mic stands, large speakers, and a good amount of inputs on the powered mixer.
peavy are pretty ace, my friend has one, it came with the amp and two 75 watt speakers on stands, the amp came with like 4 or 5 line ins. I'm not sure how much it costed but it wasn't much (seeing as he was given it as a b-day present by a friend of the family). I think it came with 2 mikes too. The sound of the thing is pretty ace (was playing on it today). 75 watts should be fine for small gigs, 50 watts is around what you aim for in small gigs i believe. Don't count on what I've said much as I'm not really an expert... but peavy are good
Quote by moody07747
not sound system, PA...

so how many people you looking to play for?
If you can, its best to just use the acoustic drums and mic the vocals, bass, and guitars if needed. A good PA will go around $800+ and if you need a ton of inputs for the drum you're going to need a larger PA set.

I like this kit:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-KPM8420T-KPC215H-PA-Package?sku=630570

the mics are cheap and will need to be swapped out with a few SM58s but other than that you get some cables, mic stands, large speakers, and a good amount of inputs on the powered mixer.

yeah I meant PA. Sorry. Anyway. Thanks. That looks like a really good system. I like it. I'm pretty sure that it'll work fine. How do you think it'll hold up for parades? because we'll be playing some next year.
Quote by ~Funky monk~
peavy are pretty ace, my friend has one, it came with the amp and two 75 watt speakers on stands, the amp came with like 4 or 5 line ins. I'm not sure how much it costed but it wasn't much (seeing as he was given it as a b-day present by a friend of the family). I think it came with 2 mikes too. The sound of the thing is pretty ace (was playing on it today). 75 watts should be fine for small gigs, 50 watts is around what you aim for in small gigs i believe. Don't count on what I've said much as I'm not really an expert... but peavy are good

for gigs you need i would say 200 watts