Well I need new strings for my Ibanez Rg2ex1. Right now I have DR 9's on them which is pretty light on my guitar also I play 1/2 step down..I was looking at the Elixir Strings. I heard there pretty good. I want to know what gauge should I get???

-Thanks
Whatever feels best to you. You said 9's were light, so try 10's. If 10's are too light get 11's
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
depends what kind of sound u want. the thicker the string the heavier the sound.
i pesonally hate elixirs but many love them. i recommend first finding a gauge you like then trying out different brands to see what you like
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by Kevin Saale
Whatever feels best to you. You said 9's were light, so try 10's. If 10's are too light get 11's

But thoughs are pretty expensive strings. I probably get the light heavy elixir's. Polyweb or Nanoweb. Oh my god..
010, .013, .017, .032, .042, .052.

Also forgot to mention. I put ernie ball 9's skinny. on my fender strat and thoughs are pretty good but I do not like the feel on them. But, I do like how the bendy and stretchiness on it. So?
Last edited by life_777 at Feb 6, 2008,
I love the Elixirs because they feel smooth and they last longer. The polyweb's also reduce string squeak which I love. I'm just trying out some .10's right now I used to always use .09's but I love the .10's way better. I might try out some .11's next time.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
yeah the 10-52's are what I use. Good stchuff
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
Thats Kool!!!!! might consider investing $10 for 10-52's. Just gotta save enough lunch money now..