Most of the cheap half stacks are just SS garbage that are loud but sound like ass. Stay away from those.

Onto the amp, I've never played the Traynor DG65 so I can't speak for it.

I do however own a Traynor YCV 40 all tube combo and it's great.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
dont buy a solid state half stack, or almost any stack in that price range, a tube combo would be so much better
yeah either keep what you have or get a tube combo. TRUST ME, a halfstack is a HUGE bitch to move around
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Like most Canadian traynor products, DG series is actually quite good for SS amp, since it also use analog modelling ala amplug and SANSAMPs. Obviously will have a slight difference compare to tube, but not too bad... cheaper, at least.

RX, however, seems to be in MG category.
thats weird cause normaly ss amps sound bad whit low volume but whit my dg65r its sound actually awsome when the volume hit 3 and +. On the clean chanel i got an awsome natural blusy disto when i crank the volume.

Seriously dg65r are awsome Ss amps.

I was just asking if i would move to a h-s :P

Question: How many cost a good H-s ?
just because it's a halfstack, doesn't mean it's better than any combo amp. it's just a configuration, which generally cost more for higher quality.

the price for a good new halfstack depends on what you're into. the peavey windsor halfstack is a pretty good cheap all-tube amp if you don't need cleans at all, and like an aggressive thrashy sound.

i dunno, you don't really need a halfstack anyway, especially if you're not gigging/jamming.

what types of music do you play?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I play some metalcore/blue/classic rock ( need very versatile).

Ill probably have a band in 2-3 month that why im thinking about buying something big.

About the ''h-s are a pain to transport'' Thats not a problem :P
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

amp head for $1500? or setup? if you go used, you could get quite a good setup for $1500.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
amp head for $1500? or setup? if you go used, you could get quite a good setup for $1500.

Head + cab :P
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.