... to convert analog tapes to cd? is it expensive?

i got a few tapes i want on my ipod and i doubt i'll ever find them on cd
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
It is possible. You just need about $500 in equipment.

EDIT: Actually you just need the right cables. Plug it into your computer and record it. That's the cheapest way. Some old Stereos allow you to burn Tapes to CD's as well.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
You can do it for far cheaper than that ... just record through the line out of cassette deck to computer, better if you have a good soundcard. You won't get amazing results though.

What are these tape if you dont mind me asking >?
There is poetry in despair.
i got a samsun mp3 player for 20$. there is a cord you can plug into the headphone jack of something else and you just press record. it works perfect and sounds great.
rca out of a tape deck to a rca/usb device. beringer has a nice one for about $20
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by freedoms_stain
All I'm gonna say is if you already own the tapes torrents/rapidshares/megaupload etc are not illegal.

But they are.
Quote by fridge_raider
But they are.

nope, if you own the original media you are allowed to obtain a 'backup'
I still think it is considered illegal. Disgraceful if it is, but I thought it was.
Get audacity, plug your tape player into the computer (into the mic slot, through the headphone slot) press record, press play, listen to the tape, burn it to a CD
Quote by fridge_raider

What are these tape if you dont mind me asking >?

messiah prophet - master of the metal (they never even made it to cd), this awesome Acid Jazz compilation, a blues compilation with buddy guy, albert collins, otis rush...

a music store sells tapes for 25 cents so being the cheap bastard i am, i always get a few whenever i'm there. but it'll probably be easier to convert them than to find the cd. except for this john lee hooker "chill out" tape. i could probably find it.
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks