I'm lookin to get some new gear that beeter suits my style, I mostly play Metal (Nile, Behemoth, Daath, Avenged Sevenfold, Necrophagist) and some heavier Alternative Rock (Seether, Three Days Grace), but I've been known to randomely start playing some real Blues.

I currently wield A B.C. Rich Beast, Yamaha (Strat Imitation w/ humbucker), Line 6 Spider III 75w (YES! I LOVE THIS AMP AND IT IS GOOD, but there ARE better amps out there.) with 2 Prolink Monster Rock 21ft cables.

So, what do you guys suggest to make my 'Rig' stronger and better suited for my playing style(s) and genres?
get a nice high gain tube amp (used peavey 5150, b-52 at212, or randall rg50tc) and get a guitar with some emg 81/85's and maybe an od pedal to run over your amps distortion, and you will get a great metal sound
New amp.
/Thread.
Guitars don't really matter. They do more for feel than actual sound. (unless you're switching from a les paul to a strat, then it's easy to hear the change)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
oh please those are THE MOST generic answers i've ever heard i love it but i know i need a better (more expensive) amp, but i want brand name suggestions not "oh you're amp sucks get rid of it 'cause i'm a bandwagon hater of an amp i've never played"
Quote by Nephalimrising
dude i gave you the three amps you are going to be recommended

not you
First off, I have played a spider thus my opinion is not a bandwagon version. Second, a 5150, a randall rg50tc, or maybe a b-52 at212 would suit your metal needs(sorry for copying the first reply). Just try lots of stuff.

By the way, you don't necessarily need more expensive, in this case you just need better.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
what's your price range?
and P.S. i have played that amp, i can't stand it
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by Nephalimrising
some emg 81/85's and maybe an od pedal to run over your amps distortion

for pickups, i've been thinking Seymor Duncan DimeBucker and/or Seymor Duncan LiveWire Dave Mustaine Signature

EDIT: i also have a DigiTech DEATH METAL distortion pedal, but i'm thinking about getting a Line 6 UBER METAL distortion pedal (and no, i don't use them on the Line 6 amp, they're for when i got to m friends houses and they have like Raven amps or Fender amps).
Last edited by doomed1 at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by doomed1
for pickups, i've been thinking Seymour Duncan Blackouts

EDIT: i also have a DigiTech DEATH METAL distortion pedal, but i'm thinking about getting a EH METAL MUFF distortion pedal (and no, i don't use them on the Line 6 amp, they're for when i got to my friends houses and they have like Raven amps or Fender amps).

Fixed
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Get a Bogner Uberschall head. Pretty much all those bands you mention rely on one, and it's a killer amp.

Wait...um....yea, nevermind, your budget wont' allow that. Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier, used?
Quote by doomed1
for pickups, i've been thinking Seymor Duncan DimeBucker and/or Seymor Duncan LiveWire Dave Mustaine Signature

EDIT: i also have a DigiTech DEATH METAL distortion pedal, but i'm thinking about getting a Line 6 UBER METAL distortion pedal (and no, i don't use them on the Line 6 amp, they're for when i got to m friends houses and they have like Raven amps or Fender amps).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer