Okay my first concert.
I've basically convinced my parents to let me go to this show.
I wanna know how long a five band show would be. There's gonna be one more major band at the end that will probably get an encore, one slightly less known band and 3 more unknown beginner bands. I need to know how long one of these sorts of shows would go until.

It's a little local show with all local bands.
Headlining is Straight Reads the Line for anyone who cares.

Show starts at 7:30 and my parents want to pick me up at 10 so I'm trying to at least stay till about 10:30
Last edited by IronNecrosis at Feb 6, 2008,
um
well each band will probably play 5 songs.
give like 10 minutes between each to set up
prob a good 3 hours
call them and let them kno after it ends, thats wat most ppl do
ppl always stay and chill for a while
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
id say something like 4 maybe 5 hours

edit: depends on the main band... ive been to concerts were the main band goes to almost 3 hours!! which is amazing
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
Is it the Gigantour?

sadly no apparently everyone in Toronto packs an uzi and will kill me
It's just a local show with a bunch of local bands.
Quote by IronNecrosis
sadly no apparently everyone in Toronto packs an uzi and will kill me
It's just a local show with a bunch of local bands.

o... then disregard my last post... 3 and a half hours... tops
Probably 3-4 hours tops I'm guessing. Depends on the type of show though.....

I'm guessing that the unknown bands will probably get 5-7 song sets, the opening act will probably play for half an hour, and the main band will probably play for an 45 mins to an hours or so..., plus the time it takes to break down and set up for each band up until the headlining band.

But like I said it depends.....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by itsxsteves
um
well each band will probably play 5 songs.
give like 10 minutes between each to set up
prob a good 3 hours
call them and let them kno after it ends, thats wat most ppl do
ppl always stay and chill for a while

Thats what I would want to do but they say they have to pick me up at a set time or something because they think it'll go until 11:30 -12
Quote by ThePeacefrog
How old are you? Im not being an ass im serious.

It took forever to get my parents to let me go.
Quote by IronNecrosis
It took forever to get my parents to let me go.

That is a little young to tell you the truth. Mmmm how important is music to your parents? Makes a difference.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
That is a little young to tell you the truth. Mmmm how important is music to your parents? Makes a difference.

My parents like music and all just not specifically mine. Far from mine. My dad listens to Beatles, and I listen to Metal/Screamo/Hardcore. So I haven't been to many Beatles concerts but my dad knows theres gonna be mosh pits in this one.

Keep in mind it's a small concert and my friend's band (same age) is playing there too.
Quote by IronNecrosis
My parents like music and all just not specifically mine. Far from mine. My dad listens to Beatles, and I listen to Metal/Screamo/Hardcore. So I haven't been to many Beatles concerts but my dad knows theres gonna be mosh pits in this one.

Keep in mind it's a small concert and my friend's band (same age) is playing there too.

mmm well my Dad loves loves music so he never minded. Hell he came with me a few times for bands we both enjoy. My dad the hipster . So, stress the importence of these bands/band, that they're never coming around again. OR merchandise for free thats worth money. OR lots of security. OR friend going with you.
Yeah dude, i'm 14 also, but to some extent you kinda have to deal with what time your parents want you home. it sucks. i know.

If you're going with a friend, then how about getting their parents to pick you up, if they're staying later? Its worked for me before, sometimes my parents don't let me stay out late just because they're lazy like that and don't want to drive at midnight.

:edit: Wait a minute, first concert? I doubt you'll be staying out that late. Good luck all the same though.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Well your in Canada how rough is it there? Im kidding, its not "rough". Im not mocking you, or Canada. This is a tough subject. Yup.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
mmm well my Dad loves loves music so he never minded. Hell he came with me a few times for bands we both enjoy. My dad the hipster . So, stress the importence of these bands/band, that they're never coming around again. OR merchandise for free thats worth money. OR lots of security. OR friend going with you.

Security=none
I'm actually going to see a Pink Floyd cover band on Feb 26th w/ my dad.
And I'm supposed to meet a friend there because he's going early with my friend's band to watch them practise(my parents say way to long to go an hour or two before). Bands are all local especially headlining band which is very very local. Merch thats free I could work with. I'd meet my friend there and have to find him in there.
Last edited by IronNecrosis at Feb 6, 2008,
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Well your in Canada how rough is it there? Im kidding, its not "rough". Im not mocking you, or Canada. This is a tough subject. Yup.

As far as concerts go anything that isn't local bands is in toronto.
Quote by IronNecrosis
Security=none
I'm actually going to see a Pink Floyd cover band on Feb 26th w/ my dad.
And I'm supposed to meet a friend there because he's going early with my friend's band to watch them practise(my parents say way to long to go an hour or two before). Bands are all local especially headlining band which is very very local. Merch thats free I could work with.

No, say there is security, and parents I guess.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
No, say there is security, and parents I guess.

My dad called and asked about security.
try to get a ride from a friend if u are going with people. then u can stay for as long as needed and your parents don't have to take the time to go get you
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
mmm sorry chappy. What kind of music is it?

Hard to describe but
http://www.myspace.com/straightreadstheline
this is the sort of music.
There will be mosh pits.
Big problem is that my friend who went to a different show a while ago got kicked in the back of the head because some sh1thead decided it would be funny. My dad found out about that from his dad. So that isn't exactly helping me out.
Quote by Reildeal
Probably 3-4 hours tops I'm guessing. Depends on the type of show though.....

I'm guessing that the unknown bands will probably get 5-7 song sets, the opening act will probably play for half an hour, and the main band will probably play for an 45 mins to an hours or so..., plus the time it takes to break down and set up for each band up until the headlining band.

But like I said it depends.....

it also kind of depends on the venue.

like, theres this place where i live where the stage is barely even raised up from the floor (its a really small venue) and after one band plays on the stage the other band will play on the floor while the other takes their gear down and the next band sets up.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by imnotastoner
it also kind of depends on the venue.

like, theres this place where i live where the stage is barely even raised up from the floor (its a really small venue) and after one band plays on the stage the other band will play on the floor while the other takes their gear down and the next band sets up.

It's the lions club. I'm pretty sure they have a raised stage.
If you're going with friends, see if you can just score a ride with someone else, so you can stay later.
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
If you're going with friends, see if you can just score a ride with someone else, so you can stay later.

Unless my one friend goes I can't get a ride. my friend from which I could get a ride from is very likely not coming
Quote by IronNecrosis
Thats what I would want to do but they say they have to pick me up at a set time or something because they think it'll go until 11:30 -12

It probably will end up going to about 11:30 or 12.
A lot of venues are required to cease at 11:00 pm due to noise ordinances. I am guessing that this is not at a bar or club due to your age. So I would guess 11:00 is the latest it will go.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by suthy16
It probably will end up going to about 11:30 or 12.

Did you read any other posts?
assuming ur pretty small nobody ever moshes in the back
going with a couple friends is a safe bet not to get kickedf in the face too
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by itsxsteves
assuming ur pretty small nobody ever moshes in the back
going with a couple friends is a safe bet not to get kickedf in the face too

I'm a fair size , strong and sturdy. My friend who is for sure going is half my size and skin and bones. I don't plan on going moshing on my first night out. My friends cousin got pushed into the mosh pit and came out with a broken fingers, nose, and a bunch of bruises.
Quote by IronNecrosis
Did you read any other posts?

No. But I've been to enough shows to know that a show that starts at 7:30 with 5 bands on the bill is going to be at least 4 - 4 1/2 hours.
Quote by ThePeacefrog

That's not young, I'm 14 and I go to hardcore and metal concerts with 4 or 5 bands at a time, and bigger arena shows. It's not that young at all
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
tell them your friends band is playing near the end, and that you really want to see them, so you need to stay later.
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
Is it the Gigantour?

Gigantour o8'!!!
Saskatoon Baby!
If you are seeing Straight Reads The Line, be prepared for fat drunk singer nudity. The show should be over by 11:30 at the latest.