So i dunno, maybe im s.o.l. but i sold my favorite bass to guitar center in Austin back in '02 i think it was.... so i could pay rent. I would pay near anything to get it back but i dont have the s/n to ask around with.

They only keep records for a year i think and then they're sent to a corporate office for storage... whats the chance i could actually get them to find my sale/purchace form with all the specs on it?

was a '68 Fender Jazz bass... i sold it for $800 or something that makes me cry
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
Last edited by boostdemon at Feb 6, 2008,
sorry to hear that. you might be able to get it but i doubt they will be able to tell you who bought it for confidentiality reasons
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Jass bass?

But anyway, that would be probably impossible to find. Even about a week after you sold it, I doubt you would be able to find it, let alone 6 years later.
If you cared that much you would have already called up their corporate headquarters and asked them about the issue, not an online guitar forum that is in no way affiliated with Guitar Center.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by mercedesisbenz
If you cared that much you would have already called up their corporate headquarters and asked them about the issue, not an online guitar forum that is in no way affiliated with Guitar Center.

thats how i got the information i posted with... about the year retainment and the corporate headquarters. the stores didnt know how to get in contact with corp. and suggested calling the main support line for gc... which i did... and they stated they dont have information from stores or contacts for area headquarters.
What I play:
'08 Strat HSH
Boss Micro-BR
Quote by thejester
sorry to hear that. you might be able to get it but i doubt they will be able to tell you who bought it for confidentiality reasons

yeah i wouldnt expect anyone would know or would be able to tell me who bought it... im hoping some posts on austin360 and craigslist or something might ring a bell for someone who's seen it or has it. just that i would like to post up the s/n with it which i dont have... heck i cant even seem to find a picture of it anywhere.

Quote by Pulsarthegreat
Jass bass?

But anyway, that would be probably impossible to find. Even about a week after you sold it, I doubt you would be able to find it, let alone 6 years later.

I remember as i was walking in the door a customer at the counter took one look as the case and said "you selling that??!" and as i opened it up the employee who headed back to guitars to get the appraisal expert said "not if i do first ha!"

... so likely it was sold the minute i walked out

(whoops, fatfingers... jazzzzzzzz bass)
What I play:
'08 Strat HSH
Boss Micro-BR
this situation sucks!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win