Something is wrong with my high E string. Every note I play on it sounds a little bit off, and the natural harmonics need to be played on 6, 8, and 13 fret almost, instead of 5, 7, 12. And the notes I play on the high E sound like their bent half step up, but I'm not bending anything. Is something wrong with my inotation or something?
yeah, its more than likely intonation, assuming the string is in tune with an open note.
It is in tune on an open note, and how would I fix my intonation?
And I used to have a tuner, and learned how to tune my ear, tuner was on 440. That isn't the problem.
what style of guitar do you have? if its got a floating trem, you are going to have a bitch of a time trying to fix the intonation on that. intonation is adjusted by moving the string saddle at the bridge either toward or away from the neck, thus making the string longer or shorter.

most people check intonation by playing an open note, than comparing it to the natural harmonic at the 12th fret of the same string. a more accurate way is to use a tuner at the 12th fret as it is an octave above the open note.

google the subject and you will get more info/help than any one post could tell you.
Last edited by frig at Feb 6, 2008,
ok first off intonation is when the open string is the EXACT same note as the octave (12th fret) some guitars are not intonated correctly and that can result in the notes sounding off. to fix it you have to adjust the string saddle on the bridge. just take a screwdriver and turn it around a few times either way while you have a tuner on and make sure to check that the string when its open is in tune and make sure when u press the 12th fret that it is also in tune...adjust the saddle as needed.....secondly i dont really think its ur intonation thats off if you have to play harmonix on the 6th 8th and 13th frets. it could be that the nut, the lil thing near the headstock that the strings go thru, was made wrong and the string is actually resting on the 1st fret...my friend had that problem n u can just put something like a tooth pik between the nut n string depending how ****ed it is...if you cant fix it just buy a new nut
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
...damn u frig for posting in those 2 min it took me to write that
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "