all the amps i'm looking at talk about FX looping

and i'm kind of lost on what it exactly does.

i know it probably has to do with your pedals?
but
info?
Yes, it does have to do with the pedals. It puts the effect before the preamp.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
it keeps your signal path from getting mucked up by alot of pedals. Effects like Delay, Tremolo, Phasers, etc. can really suck up your tone. if you put them in the effects loop you can turn them all on at the same time and they have certain "buffers" to keep your signal sounding ok. its best to not put effects like OD, Distortion and EQ's in there though. they work best in front of the amp(aka not in the loop).
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
it keeps your signal path from getting mucked up by alot of pedals. Effects like Delay, Tremolo, Phasers, etc. can really suck up your tone. if you put them in the effects loop you can turn them all on at the same time and they have certain "buffers" to keep your signal sounding ok. its best to not put effects like OD, Distortion and EQ's in there though. they work best in front of the amp(aka not in the loop).

thanks
greatly appreciated.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Yes, it does have to do with the pedals. It puts the effect after the preamp.

Fixed.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Fixed.

My bad.
And to above I prefer the EQ in the loop.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
My bad.
And to above I prefer the EQ in the loop.

some do, some dont. i know with my amo it sounds like doo-doo butter in the loop.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL